Jambands.ca

How you feelin'?!?!?!

Velvet

You can bomb the world to peices...but you can't bomb it into peace.....oh my fucking lord!!!!!!!!!! Saul Williams and Spearhead busted open my soul and fed it pure magic!!!!!!!!!!!It was pointed out at the end of the show that they tape and post their tunes...all phree.....oh my shit..i am as blown as i was when i first heard drums and tuba..(different playing feild though)..and my soul is shaken....beautifull...fucking awesome people!!!!!Freaky people make the world beautiful must have lasted about half an hour...and at one point Michael Franti made the ENTIRE bar sit on the floor and helped us cleanse our souls!I can't even say that one was better than the other..Saul or Michael......thankyou world for dropping this experience upon me.......and to all of you beautiful people...given the chance-go-go-go...and download...download..download...I am only religious about one thing-MUSIC-and I had a fucking beautifully religious experiance tonight..yeah and they did a beautiful George Harrison...Here comes the sun...Love.Peace.Julia

Glad those who made it had such an incredible experience. As I mentioned in a previous associated post, their are currently some very serious and reliable rumblings about Spearhead possibly "Evolving" at the end of August. Hope it happens, and hope even more to see you there! grin.gif" border="0

OK - That smoked!!!!!!!!!

We missed the first opening act and got in just in time to grab a beer and get a decent spot for Saul.

I was expecting a guy, a DAT deck(with a mix of hip hop/guitar tracks) and some spoken word. I dont know why i thought that - it was just the impression i got from hearing a couple live tracks. Instead Saul took the stage with an incredibly heavey band. The bass was rattling (almost to the point where it was overwhelming some pretty crazy guitar work) and the electric cello was fucking cool. He rotated between poetry and song throughout his set though it was kinda hard to decipher his words when he was singing. I think it was a bit heavey for some people but all in all I loved it.

Then came Spearhead.

After a long and arduous session outside in the rain that never seemed to end I was mentally ready. Spearhead came out and put it to Ottawa. It was a really mixed crowd and everyone got down (figuratively and literally). High energy, ultra upbeat, great playing and tons of fun. The set has numerous highlights and at no point did I want to get off the dance floor to grab a beer.

Like howler mentioned Franti made the entire bar sit on the floor (he actually had to get off the stage and force some of the better dressed people down), gave us a cleansing and then errupted into song. The entire bar - i mean everyone (including bartenders) - was jumping to the roof.

The show was amazing and if these guys show up at Evolve im definately going to make it (im probably gonna go anyway but still)

Sorry AD but I didnt see anybody taping.

Big thanx to all the Sanctuarians who recommended this show cuz its was great.