Jambands.ca

Five Disc Rotation - summertime edition

scottieking

1. Spock's Beard - Don't Try This at Home, a released CD of their Holland show in 99.

2. Mindless Self Indulgence- Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy, this is just weird and funny.

3. Janish Joplin - Full Tilt Boogie

4. Pearl Jam- Ten

5. Herbaliser - Something Wicked This Way Comes

6. Edjes - The Life and Death of Edmund Penguin (and Other Tales), a friend's band

I'm aware that that's more than 5, but my stereo only holds 3, so I have a complete back up set.

I'm currently reading The Seven Daughter's of Eve by Bryan Sykes. It's an examination of human ancestry and anthoplogy. No, it's not a text book, and no it's not for school. I know I'm a nerd. Just finished reading Ann Marie MacDonald's Fall On Your Knees for the 3rd time. I love that book.

I don't go to many movies, but I did see the Bourne Identity recently, it was pretty decent. Yay to the Princess Bride, and gotta mention Pulp Fiction. I was listening to the sound track for it today... hmm... should have put that in the list....

1) Sound Tribe Sector 9, 12-31-01 disc III - after months of seeking out the absolute SICKEST STS9, I am proud to announce that this could be it. If you want to shit yourself, put away the suppository and pop this one in instead. (Track 1 in particular) This one really showcases the octopus on amphedimenes that is Zach Velmer.

2) tND 05-19-01 - booty shakin insanity

3) John Schofield - A Go Go - had to pull out the old fav after indulging in uberjam.

4) Jurassic 5 - Quality Control - Old skool summatime hip hop, yo.

5) STS9 - 04-16-02 disc II - I am still obsessed with this band...

Ani D-Living In Clip

Bob Marley-Bob Marley and the Wailers live..(love this one.. good summer tunage.. [Razz] )

Bob Dylan--Whatever I can get my hands on

Janis Joplin--Best of

Phish-Billy Breathes.. I like listening to it when I go to sleep!!

I'm reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas right now.. It's really funny and clever..

Movies.. Amelie... see it now!!

Cheers y'all...

Sarah

Oh yeah... these threads are always such a killer Idea..... [smile]

With me, I don't have a CD in rotation for more than a week at a time; I bring titles into the office and listen to them for a week, then bring a new set of titles the next week.

The titles gracing Brad's Desk of Detritus this week:

1. Uzeb / World Tour '90

2. Steve Morse Band / Structural Damage

3. Dr. Huxtable / 2001.11.22

4. The Grateful Dead / Dick's Pick Vol. 1

5. Bill Evans Trio / Explorations

Aloha,

BRAD (Basic Rotation: Audio Discs)

quote:

Originally posted by Sarahbelle:

I'm reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas right now.. It's really funny and clever..

If you can find it, "The Great Shark Hunt: Gonzo Papers Vol. 1" by Hunter S. Thompson is a fantastic read. It's a compilation of his work up to about the mid-'70s, and includes excerpts from his earlier books (including "Hell's Angels", "Fear And Loathing On The Campaign Trail '72" [the basis for the movie "Where The Buffalo Roam"], and "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas") and his magazine writing in the '60s and '70s.

Aloha,

Brad