Jambands.ca

Hey Chewie

Jaimoe

I just read your posting on the Allman Brothers thread.

No, I can't get cds free at my work because I work in the operations department. Production always gets the free stuff. I do have a connection in the production department, but unfortunately he's a budding jam-head - i.e., he's now starting to keep the good stuff. He did give me the new Chris Robinson solo album, but that's about it for now. He was going to give me free tickets to The Soundtrack Of Our Lives concert next Friday at the Opera House, but he's heard the buzz on this band and he's keeping the tickets. Oh well, I'm still going.

" Do I ever hang with the radio peeps "?

No. There's no interaction with radio at the Chum building, especially in my department. Chum AM/FM is located ( as you know ), at Yonge & St. Clair. I've never even met a radio guy that works for Chum. Good luck with trying to get into Chum in Windsor. Would you ever head to Chum in Toronto? I don't think Chum AM will be changing formats any time soon - re: The Fan. Good luck anyway in radio. It's a tough business, but it's a lot of fun too.

Yeah, I've been at this game for a while ('92 started as an op at an AM station doing religious programs etc...).

It can kick your ass around but you're right, it is fun. What other business could I have met Warren last month in Toronto?

I didn't know if maybe you knew some of the radio folks at your company. I know a few people throughout the company around the province and in the city.

You guys did good at Can Music Week eh?

Music Director of the Year (Major Market): Barry Stewart, CHUM FM, Toronto

Program Director of the Year (Major Market): Rob Farina, CHUM FM, Toronto

On-Air Talent of the Year: Roger, Rick, and Marilyn, CHUM FM, Toronto

Station of the Year, AC: CHUM FM, Toronto

Though maybe you Rog, Rick and Marilyn did shows together...LOL! I hear Marilyn love to hit that big blue tank and party down!

Hey, since we're talking shop, ever meet the big guy? Moses Z? What is he like? I've heard different things. But no matter what he's like, you gotta admire his vision as a broadcaster. He's pretty damn revoluntionary, IMHO.

Anyways, looking forward to your response.

BTW, your comapny (radio) at least is a toughnut to crack...never worked at a union joint before and I think that's why it is tough to get a foot in the door.

Hey Chewie,

I've never officially met Moses, but he's said " hello " to me from time to time. He's really out-there - meaning, he just kind of doesn't fit in with everyday social interactions. But, he won't be doing any everyday social interactions anymore at this place. He's gone! Finished! He's officially listed as " on sabbatical ", but the " word " is, that there was a power struggle between Moses and Jay Switzer, and Switzer won.

As for Moses being innovative, I agree to some extent. I think he's better at improving or modifying existing innovations and inventions to suit his overall vision and future destiny regarding the media. I liken him to the Japanese in the sense that, they may have not invented stereos, cars, televisions, computers etc..., but they sure have made these products more accessible and arguably better by constant modifications and mini-innovations.

I hope we'll cross paths soon, and good luck in the radio business. Being in a union is the way to go. Keep on trying.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

As for Moses being innovative, I agree to some extent. I think he's better at improving or modifying existing innovations and inventions to suit his overall vision and future destiny regarding the media. I liken him to the Japanese in the sense that, they may have not invented stereos, cars, televisions, computers etc..., but they sure have made these products more accessible and arguably better by constant modifications and mini-innovations.

I hope we'll cross paths soon, and good luck in the radio business. Being in a union is the way to go. Keep on trying.

I agree with your take on Moses.

Yeah, unionized in this biz IS the way to be.

I certainly will be in Toronto this summer for a few shows. Notably ABB. Are you going to Bonnaroo?

Hey Chewie,

Here's a quick itinerary of shows that I will definitley be attending in the near future: The Soundtrack Of Our Lives this Friday @ The Opera House ( I can't wait for this one ); Ben Harper & Jack Johnson @ The Molson Amphitheatre in June ( Row 7 ); The ABB in T.O. this July. Concerts that I'll be for sure hitting when they are finally booked in Toronto are: The White Stripes; The International Noise Conspiracy; The Beta Band; and Phish ( I still have hope ). Of course, I'll always try to show up whenever nero plays Toronto or Kingston. Same with Jimmy Swift.

I'm not really a traveller and big concerts are not my thing anymore, so I won't be going to Bonnaroo. A guy at work even offered me his ticket but I turned him down. moe-down with Booche may be an option, or even the Allmans in Buffalo.

See you maybe at the Allmans.

Archived