Jambands.ca

Dumb people protest Two Towers movie name

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

This is an actual snippet from the FAQ section from http://www.twotowersprotest.org/

Q:The creators of the movie have free speech, so what makes you think they should have to change the name of the movie?

A: We believe that Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema's actions are in fact hate speech. The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11. Clearly, you cannot deny the fact that this falls under hate speech. We believe that if they will not willingly change the name, the government should step in to stop the movie's production or to force a name change.

My retort: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The books were written 16 years before the towers were even built, which gives the precedent to Tolkien, and not some ignorant-to-any-other-culture american. And maybe it's just me, but weren't the towers called the Twin Towers and not the Two Towers?

sigh...

Guest Low Roller

They are using the fact that the Spider-Man movie removed footage of the WTC, which I always thought was a bad idea, as precedent for removing what they call sensitive material. "Hey! Let's pretend that the towers never existed! That will help ease the pain."

I hate american revisionist pop-culture history. Just look at that moronic Pearl Harbor movie where the U.S. basically WINS at Pearl Harbor. C'mon, the U.S. got reamed prison-bitch style at Pearl Harbor. The americans countered a brilliant military strategy by cowardly dropping nuclear weapons on civilians. Sounds on par. I'm worried about Iraq big time.

What happened to Afghanistan anyways?