Jambands.ca

SAT.APR.17+THUR.APR.22 = 2 HEADY EARTH DAY SHOWS!

kc

Check these show out!

Saturday, April 17th

AN EARTH SHAKER SHOWDOWN

Featuring:

Mark Wilson and The Way It Is

Diesel Dog

Rose Garland

Plus chances to win Bela Fleck and the Flecktones Tix, Little Feat Tix, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings Tix as well as many other fabulous prizes. Cover:$10 Showtime: 8pm. first 20 heads win a prize ;)

Thursday, April 22nd

SINGER/SONGWRITER NIGHT

Featuring:

Bob Wiseman

Lisa Winn

Harrison Kennedy

Hunter Eves

Lyndsey Blanch

Andrea Lake

More prizes. Cover: $10. Showtime: 8pm

100% of door goes to Earth Day Hamilton. www.earthdayhamilton.ca

If you would like to donate a door prize please contact info@pepperjackcafe.com

Both shows are at The Pepper Jack Cafe www.pepperjackcafe.com

38 King William, Hamilton

905-525-6666

Hope you can make it,

kc ::

Good times folks..

Last year the Earth Day Benefit was amazing. Huge crowd, killer bands, great prizes, and one of the most insane raffles I've ever witnessed. If you were there you know what I mean. People were literally freaking out. Ken throwing discs from the stage like frisbees. Classic!

Pepper Jack Cafe and the fabulous musicians that have generously offered their time, talent, and support will donate 100% of the door, on both nights. Wow!!!

Earth Day Hamilton has been a local tradition for 8 years now. The Annual Eco-Festival takes place this year at The Hamilton Convention Centre on April 27. Free admission and free student transportation makes this Hamilton’s most inclusive community event and Canada’s largest youth environmental awareness campaign. It’s a day for schools and we're expecting around 4000 students to attend. The event includes speakers, workshops, exhibits, entertainment & much more. If you're an environmentalist or just interested in what’s going on I recommend checking it out...it's a sight to see. Our keynote speaker this year is environmental activist and Executive Director for Sierra Club of Canada, Elizabeth May.

As well as the Eco-Fest there's also the Annual Tree Planting event that takes place on Saturday April 24 at Princess Point/Cootes Paradise in Hamilton. Starts at 11AM and runs until 2PM. Planting native species, BBQ, wagon rides, and entertainment are all a part of the day. Planting is free but please bring gloves and a shovel.

For more information or to get involved visit www.earthdayhamilton.ca or drop me a line.

Anyway...these are some of the things we're raising funds for. Come down on Saturday and if you have enough energy after the weekend, and Flecktones on Tuesday, be sure to stop around Pepper Jack’s again for the Singer Songwriter night on April 22 (Earth Day itself). Both nights are going to be great.

Hope to see all you familiar faces in the crowd this weekend.

Cheers

Brian

Goona be good times....big up!!! Come on down folks. Think green..it's Earth Day. :)

I'm betting some nice weather and kc'll have the patio going. ::

It's also a certain somebody's birthday on Saturday. I'll give ya a hint..their username smells like....

Mama Tried, Mexicali Blues, Big River oh how 'bout that Phil tune the Dead played in the sixties No Left Turn Unstoned (Cardboard Cowboy)?

"When the cardboard cowboy dreams and his cornucopia

Opens up the sky and blows my mind to the colours of

Far in bar rent shine running beneath high trembling dove

Leaving me transfixed and raving in the wake of the hammer blow"

The bar will be selling tickets to the Sharon Jones show the following night, for only 10 bucks.

The price will be 15 the next day. So if your going to SJ and the DK's and want to get your tix ahead of time (i'm 99.9% sure this show will sell out), Thursday at the Earth Day benefit would be a great time.

Steve