Jambands.ca

Pictures that Bush doesn't want you to see...

\/\/illy

A related story, I guess...

I'm not defending the prison guards in Iraq, but... Has anyone seen or heard of the Stanford Prison Experiment that was done in 1971? Supposed to be a 6 week experiment with normal people assigned as guards or prisoners. After 6 days it had to be shut down due to fears that a prisoner would be seriously hurt. There was a riot on day 2. Prisoners were abused etc etc...

There's more to a prison than walls and bars... Psychology plays a big part of it as well.

Stanford Prison Experiment

AD

I think the blame for the prison guards actions goes right up the ladder... the poorly trained, not terribly bright soldier's who were put in charge of looking after the jail were no accident... they were expected to act up and are now set up as scapegoats for the whole incident... they were given orders from an outside civilian contractor so the army wouldn't have to give the "abuse them" order... Bush's government has been re-writing the rules of war ever since 9/11... Guantanamo Bay in Cuba sets a ridiculous precedent... if we think you may be against us we can take you and imprison you forever without a court hearing and no one is allowed to ask what exactly we're doing with you... would hate to play monopoly with any of Bush's republicans

another side story: Afghan soldiers beaten to death in interrogation

good to see people still expressing their freedom of speech, thank god for that

I can't believe Rumsfeld isn't stepping down, "Yup, I totally didn't inform congress of what was happening, let alone do anything to stop what was happening, even though I knew back in January. Yup, many more people will die because of my fowl up and we may lose any hope we had of doing any good in Iraq. No, I won't resign because I'm the best person there is for this job."