Jambands.ca

New Garcia archival recording, 1977

hamilton

Don't know if this was posted recently... if it was, I missed it, and offer sincerest apologies to all of you who will be, I know, deeply offended by my oversight.

From www.jerrygarcia.com:

Until now, the recordings of Jerry Garcia's concerts as bandleader have been relatively scarce and of uneven sound quality, unlike those of Grateful Dead, whose live recordings circulate abundantly. The "Pure Jerry" series will be selected from the substantial and remarkably diverse library that makes up Jerry's entire independent live archive. "Theatre 1839" is the first installment in the series, and is only available from www.jerrygarciastore.com

As a special bonus, everyone that pre-orders will be automatically entered to win an original, framed poster from the show featured in this release.

Click here for more information on the contest.

This three-disc set was recorded July 29 & 30, 1977, at a small San Francisco music hall during a break in the Dead's touring. The lineup of the day included Keith and Donna Jean Godchaux, John Kahn and Ron Tutt. Running almost 2 1/2 hours, "Theatre 1839" features the 18 best performances captured from the two-night run. (Neither show was recorded in its entirety, reasons for which have been lost to time).

Make sure to choose the express shipping option to receive your CDs on June 8th.

Track Listing:

CD1

1. Mystery Train (10:19)

2. Russian Lullaby (12:52)

3. That¹s What Love Will Make You Do (11:33)

4. Stir It Up (12:41)

5. Simple Twist Of Fate (9:29)

6. The Way You Do The Things You Do (9:51)

7. Catfish John (11:58)

CD 2

1. Friend Of The Devil (8:54)

2. Don't Let Go (27:00)

3. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (9:49)

4. They Love Each Other (7:22)

5. I Second That Emotion (10:27)

6. Let Me Roll It (9:15)

CD 3

1. The Harder They Come (12:43)

2. Gomorrah (6:39)

3. Tore Up Over You (9:43)

4. Tangled Up In Blue (10:18)

5. My Sisters And Brothers (7:44)

Brian happy!!!