Jambands.ca

Happy 63rd Birthday Bob Dylan!

TimmyB

I couldn't agree more,no other musician has the same effect on me.With Dylan I was introduced to the Grateful Dead,neither band, are ever not in close relation for me,Bob's music had been the fuel I needed to take up guitar and harmonica,I can't think of a time I haven't enjoyed.Thanks Bob for an amazing forty three years of genuis.

My first show(s) with my Ma.

Massey Hall

Toronto,Ontario

04/19/80

04/20/80

Never looked back.

Happy birthday Bob. ::

Cheers~

bd.jpg

Hey Esau,

Wasn't that Massey Hall show in 1980 discussed to be released as a live album? I believe it's still considered for a possible "Bootleg Series" release as well.

That show must have been amazing, I was only five at the time but I wish I could have been there.

It was rumored to be released according to "Bob's Boots" "Rock Solid" 04-19-80 Massey Hall (I have this bootleg on CDR though) but am still looking for the complete SBD for the 19th.I remember the show being awesome,(I was almost ten at the time),but truthfully I don't remember everything about the shows and I know I wasn't (at the time) really into his 'fire & brimstone' era,but listening to the SBD's from the two nights I attended out of five he played,( "Gospeller" - Massey Hall 04-20-1980 <<Great recording by the way,again on CDR though) I realize that I was treated to a couple incredible nights of Dylan.(Thanks mom).I remeber thinking,"this is like church,whens 'Blowin' in the wind' goning to be played,I didnt actually know any of the songs he played at the time.

Its sorta sad that I didnt realize REALLY what I was witnessing back then,I never kept the t-shirt or the program & ticket stubs from then,man, would I love to still have the shirt or program from that run.Hell,any of the stuff I had gotten actually.

I'd love to see a official 'Bootleg Series' release of this come out one day,I was really happy to see them finally release 10-31-64,although my bootleg is more complete and close if not equal in quality to it.I'd like to see an complation release of all 5 nights from Massey Hall '80 actually,make a great live release in my opinion.

Heres to Bob. ::