Jambands.ca

I miss Chatham

c-towns

Hey all, I am really looking for some detailed insight on the Nero show in Chatham.

I have a quote here from one of my buddies that I told to go to the show.

"I went and checked out Nero last night and they rocked hard. Lots of hippies and great tunes. Some songs just had me in a trance for ten minutes. I thought they were pretty cool having not seen a jam band live before."

~anonimous

I love this scene.... [big Grin]

peaceinjam.jamesd.

Kerry put on one hell of an event. Chatham was a party start to finish. We arrived in town, called Crow, 2 minutes later, we arrived at a phat huge empty apartment that was our place to crash. We got busy on the beers, ate and headed over to Swiftys place. Great preparty there, everyone was in attendance with the basement and garage packed with people. The garage was definately trouble for anyone who spent any time in there. We packed up and headed to KBD Hall. Craziest venue ever! I'm debating going back up to Chatham just for the bowling. Everyone who was there knows what I'm talking about! Great stage setup, nice and intimate with lots of room to dance both up front and in the back. Talk about energy... I think Zedonk opened, I also know there was the sickest Centragnome I've ever seen, And a Lemondust closer that had to push 25-35 minutes. Too bad the lights came on, Dave later told me that he had wanted to play another 4 songs. The crowd was mad hyped up for this with the locals and the imports dancing like there was no tomorrow. One of the best nero shows I've ever seen, this only being my 10th, but I've heard enough tapes to say this was a sick show. Again, these are must have tapes. The night only got crazier after that. We went to the afterparty where madness ensued. Crow and Jay were their usual messes, and that led to lots of hilarity. I don't know who had more beer thrown on them or who fell more. The place was absoultely packed for 2 hours, and even started to clear out a little when the band finally showed up. That was a scene in itself. "Todd, when IS this party going to start?" We left the after awhile (The sun was well up at this point and I was still a mess...). Got to the after-afterparty at Kerry's. Intimate scene with just the band and a few faithfuls and locals who were looking to party a little more. The scene got crazier as the day progressed, I think we ate some more veggies at like 8 or 9AM, and were ready to give'r some more. Crazy scene, the flute, accordian and drum trio (featuring nero's own Dave Lauzon on drum) was sick. Too bad there aren't tapes... I asked. A cigarette run, followed by beer run and next thing you know its 1:30PM. We had to go, but I have to say this was a seriously fantastic weekend. Chatham was worth the trip and I'd love to see another show or even a 2 night run there. Seriously good times.

yep u all said it .... what a sick night. nero u guys never seem to let anyone down, always a wicked time.... how do u guys do it. what a show, yes i have seen many of many shows and this one had to have been in the top 3..

ya talk about quality people, like backbacon said, people from ottawa to detroit showed up, what energy.. man c town u did miss a show, maybe u and maggo and crazy cargo can manage a trip this way for next time.

it all went smooth from the set up to the after parties..

well hope all is well with everyone, ya and it was wonderful meeting all the lads and ladies from the board from this little run..

managed to get some exciting shots of the bands and crowd.. look for a familier face.. can't wait to post them..

cheers all.. and thanks nero for the excellent sounds..

[Eek!][Eek!]

Archived