Jambands.ca

Wasaga Beach Blues Festival

bONES

so i'm going to the first Wasaga Beach Blues Festival in a couple weeks, and wondered if anyone else was hitting this up too?

website

July 9th Taj Mahal

10th The Funk Brothers w/ Joan Osborne & Sam Moore

11th Tragically Hip

with a bunch of other bands on 2 stages, right on the beach!

it's cheap too...$45 for the weekend or pay by the day

If we (6 of us)do go I know we got a stylin pad not far from 45th st. on the edge of Wasaga/Stayner town line (about an 45min - 1 hour walk to the fest along the beach).Same place I lived at while working in Alliston in 86.Not sure it would be "heady" enough for ya though (probally not heady at all,just a log cabin chalet), and we're not "heady" ourselves,just old with primo drugs and lots of booze.Sorry.

Should prove to be a good show,I plan on seeing Taj only though.Then off to Collingwood & Thornbury for some partying.

We're still deciding if we want to go or not.

If any of you do go to this festival, don't miss T-Model Ford & Spam, followed by Kenny Brown & Cedric Burnside - yes, Cedric is R.L. Burnside's son and Kenny Brown is R.L.'s guitarist.

These artists are real raw bluesmen from the best blues record label today: Fat Possum. I like every artist that I've heard from Fat Possum... so far. Some other great artists on Fat Posum include: Cedell Davis, R.L. Burnside, 20 Miles ( members of John Spencer Blues Explosion ), The Black Keys, Solomon Burke, ( the late great ) Junior Kimbrough and ( the late great ) " Mississippi " Fred McDowell, to name a few.

Enjoy Taj Mahal y'all, but don't miss T-Model Ford either. The North Mississippi Allstars have been ripping him off for years.

Cedric Burnside and Kenny Brown are amazing,I saw em with R.L a few years back (7yrs maybe?) in Toronto at the Horseshoe I believe,(may have been the elmo).If their energy is anything like it is when R.L is playing with them then we might have to re-think our plans.

and we're not "heady" ourselves,just old with primo drugs and lots of booze.Sorry.

sounds pretty heady to me ::

we don't want to scare any families with our chronic herb smoking ::

so it would be nice to know of a chill cottage to rent