Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra

~ April 13 2003 ~

@ The Underground

41 Catherine st. Hamilton

(905)741-ROCK(7625) 8pm

19+ $12 Adv. $14 @ door

**Advance Tix at the club, Sonic Unyon, DrDisc,

Screamin' Mimi's, Tantrum Records, Music In Orbit**

Due to this being an early show, why don't ya make it on down the street to The Pepper Jack Cafe after the show and top off your night with The Fat Cats!! Always a great time.

Give'r [big Grin]

~Kev0~

I'm planning on being there so look fro a dude covered in tattoos(one big one on neck) that'll be me, although I have show to put on down the street, so I may have to leave abit early.

Would be cool to put face to the name finally,since the Cats show was cancelled in Peterborugh last friday and I couldn't make it up there.

Cheers~

~Shain~

Does this mean I will be waitin' for my Cats shows? [Wink]

No worries, they're in good hands.

Antibalas was..... absolutely fantastic!

Best $13.50 I've spent in a long time. What a breath of fresh air. I really enjoyed the venue as well, I got a kick out of the old Hamilton bar posters decorating the place, although the concrete floor took a lot out of this tired boy, got a little uncomfortable, especially when you can't stop moving to the sublime playing of Antibalas!

A great night! [big Grin] I'm too tired to write any more about it right now..... [Eek!]

Thanks for the update MarcO. I really wanted to be there after I read that their biggest influences were Fela Kuti and late 60's funk. Can you imagine a better blend than that? Oh well, I guess it wasn't in the cards for me. For some reason I didn't feel too good after Saturday night.

Archived