Jambands.ca

Beatles Photo Exhibit, Toronto

hamilton

Unabashedly swiped from the Toronto Star:

"Toronto gets another look at the Fab Four as a photography exhibit culled from th archives of CBS and Life photographer Bill Eppridge begins today. The exhibit looks at various appearances the Beatles made in America in 1964. The show runs through August 27 at BCE Place (181 Bay Street)."

Groovy... ::

This is in the lobby of my office - there's some great images down there, with strategically placed speakers to set the mood for all the suits. If you're into high-tech digital photo gear (especially printers) then it would be worth checking out. Otherwise, it's mostly just a slick promo op for Hewlit Packard (with sales teams ready to pounce)

Ok - I thought I'd take a closer look on my lunch break and happened to run into the photographer himself! (Bill Epridge, I think? Interesting and funny man - he walks with 2 canes - I saw him challenge another old guy to a race). There are definitely a few images worth seeing if you're a fan of early Beatles, including a beauty of Lennon staring out the train window on his first U.S. sojourn, and another of Ringo Starr being hoisted down from the luggage rack. Lots of Ed Sullivan rehearsal shots. I was able to avoid the HP sales pitch this time. Cheers!