Jambands.ca

All aboard the Festival Express!

TimmyB

My buddy Andrew got Rachael and I passes to see the Festival Express tonight (07/28/04)! I can't wait to see it, especially after seeing Chris Hillman and Bernie Leadon last week at the Ottawa Bluesfest. Footage of The Grateful Dead, The Band, etc are not hard to come by. Seeing the Flying Burrito Bros. on film is. The only time I've seen the Burritos on film is on The Rolling Stones "Gimmie Shelter."

Plus today being the 31st anniversary of The Grateful Dead, The Band and The Allman Brothers Band at Watkins Glen in front of 600,000 people. It will be cool to see two of these bands travel across Canada on a train playing to much smaller crowds.

All aboard! Toot, toot!

Take this for what it is. I don't recall or I can't remember if I saw the Burrito Brothers in Festival Express. I heard them, but I can't recall if they had a audio/visual performance on film. I'm probably wrong, but other performances dominated the film. Get ready for Janice. She'll give you chills. So will Buddy Guy and The Band.

Wow what a movie! The Band performances kicked me right in the butt, and reminded me why they are one of my favorite bands. You felt like a fly on the wall with the performances on the train.

Hey Esau, That "Ain't No Cane on the Brazos" with Rick Danko leading the song with Janis Joplin, Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir was amazing.

Hey Jaimoe, The Flying Burrito Bros. did get a performance with them performing "Lazy Days." It was great to see the unique version of the song, since Gram Parsons had left and Bernie Leadon taking over on lead vocal and with Chris Hillman helping out with his amazing harmony vocal.

This movie far exceeded my expectations and I'm so glad it finally has been brought out to the light of day. It was great to go to the early screening as Sylvia Tyson came out to help introduce the film. In the movie she sang lead on "C.C. Rider" with a little help from Garica and Delaney Bramlett as Danko watched side stage.