Jambands.ca

What happened to sharing in the groove

jay sanislo

I use the genres once I figure out what most people put the bands under or I just take my time and scan through the torrents,not as easy as STG but worth it.

My favourite feature is the torrents in need of seeds on the front page,really helps in getting a window open for a torrent you want.I joined the yahoo group but never post in the forums,so I'm not sure how that works for finding a show to tell the truth.

I haven't used DC in years.Not since bit torrents hit the internet,I found it was really slow,taking anywhere from 10 hours to days to get one disc.I like BT since I can grab a show in less then an hour at times.(same reason I got rid of furthur)

I didn't even know it was still around.

Yeah its just as fast or slow downloads depending on the users upload speed. some downloads are super slow but i've also found users who constanly upload over 200 kb/s so those are my favs. I prefer it in ways because I can frequent different hubs for whatever kind of music i want. Theres over 1000 public hubs (that I know of) so there is way more variety than just the jamband stuff. I also like to download one tune at a time so i can preview a tune before getting into the whole thing. Theres also a shitload of free software to be grabbed (if your into piracy but no me.

direct connect

Perhaps I'll check it out again.I usually am satisifed with what I get from BTs,I know alot of sites to get software (If I wanted ;) ) Jamband music is actually the least downloaded by me now-a-days.Most hubs I wanted on required I have a certian amount of GBs of music on my HD & at the time I only had a 8GB drive which was never enough since at least 3GB of that was dedicated to programs etc.I also got suckered too many times into downloading a show which was listed as SHN and really was just an mp3 converted to SHN show which I don't want and they never seem to have md5s either.But for singles I can completley see the advantages.

Whats the DC+ & DC++ all about anyway?I seen that alot on there also.

Most music hubs the required shared file is small if not anything. 0 to 5 gigs. Also most music hubs the number one rule is NO MP3'S and they have search bots automatically check your share. i got booted from a hub for having just one mp3 one time. piss me off.

i think the DC+ and DC++ are just newer versions of DC. ANyways yeah i'd recommend checking it out again cause there's lots of stuff i've found on there that i couldn't find in any bittorrent sites.