Jambands.ca

Whispers or O'connels?

Im going home Donny

ohmygoodness. so no consensus yet, then.

field hockey til 5-ish prolly?? how long are field hockey games? i think 2 thirty minute periods... sorry thinking out loud... or into my fingers... whatever! hopefully i'll have all my work done before i leave here so i can go either way, early or late, thinking a bit later maybe 8-ish to gather my wits for a few.

also - when an agreement on which venue is reached - can someone please post directions? i'm coming from downtown.

mil gracias! and i can't wait to have a beeeeeeer! ::

sounds like I'll be drinking alone.. since I'll need to boogie at 8:00.. DOH!

oh well.. I'm thinking it looks like the agreement is Whispers.. I'll get there at 7:30.. and since I don't really know any of you I'll be wearing my "Mean People Suck" baseball hat.. and probably sitting at the bar. Please come up and say hi :)

Whispers sounds good to me. :: Meggo-Somerset West runs through China town,past Little Italy(Preston),past Parkdale and Holland where it becomes Wellington....keep straight(west) go past Island park where Wellington becomes Richmond.....Whispers will be on your right...allthough I'm not sure exactly the cross streets? The Winks/gas station is pretty much across the road on yer left.

One problem will be if the construction is in the way in which case when you get to Island park go left and immediately right onto Byron,then follow Byron to I think Churchhill and take a right ,this leads you to richmon.....this is where the locals will have to pipe in for exacts.

Rand McNally puts out the best maps....all colour coded ;)

Actually you probably won't know if there's construction ahead when you hit Island park....so just about any street you can take to Byron....It runs parralell to Wellington/Richmond all the way from Holland to way past where you need to go and it's pretty much one block South(your left)when going West the whole way.

you probably won't have to get off Richmond Rd. but if you do, you'll want to turn down Tweedsmuir to get back to Richmond (that takes you out at the Winks/Gas Station, across the street from Whispers). Tweedsmuir is before Churchill.

Another option, if you have to turn off Richmond Rd, is to turn right on Island Park and then left onto Scott Street. Take Scott street to either Tweedsmuir or McRae Ave. and turn left again, heading back to Richmond rd.

That's probably more info than you need

Meggo don't let the directions scare you! You won't have to get off Somerset/ Wellington/ Richmond.....it's just one big street -- here's the best clue that you are almost at Whispers - the massive Loblaws on your left hand side!!

Whispers is dead btw. Loblaws and The Winks gas station.

Good Luck! Maybe see you there!

haha...I was just about to tell her the Albert-other Wellington-Scott street route or the Queensway route. When I thought of Dell always laughing at us saying Ottawa kids always have a dozen different suggestions for getting from A to B ::

obviously Del has never heard the old Ottawa experession "in Ottawa, the shortest distance between two points is under construction"

hence the dozen different suggestions :)

I had loads of fun. It occurred to me that the group was having as much fun as we do at a show, but there wasn't any music going at all; it was more pure socialization (getting caught up with friends, telling stories, and generally enjoying [just] each other's company).

Maybe that's one of those friendship things: yes, you can meet people when you get involved in a scene's activities, but your real friends are the ones you want to spend time with in situations other than those of the scene. (My parents went through a similar thing: they met a lot of people through square dancing, and ended up with some life-long friends with whom they still did stuff even after they stopped dancing together.)

Aloha,

Brad

yeah i had lots of fun too! it`s nice to see people outside of the party scene, as i was sayin to crystal and davey boy... cause i saw them (and lots of people) at the nero show for example but once the music started i was in meggo/neroland so i didn't get to chat... anyway... it was fun, we should do that a lot. ::

PS velggo rules the ntn trivia beeyatches....WABAAAM!