Jambands.ca

Goin to see MMW in London Tomorrow...

shainhouse

Hey Shain, if you're in London on Sunday and want to go see home high quality live music for cheap at an amazing venue, check out the Jazz Cafe in Camden Town. EVery Sunday afternoon they have this open jazz jam that brings in really talented players, and the house band is awesome anyway. And best of all, it only costs 1 pound to get in! Before/After you can wander through Camden market and make a day of it. Hope you're having fun over there!

Hey Shain, yeah its one of the best spots in town --- they're giving away tix to MMW too on their website! Probably too late but anyway its at:

www.jazzcafe.co.uk

Another AWESOME weekly live music thing in London... Every Sunday:

http://www.comedownandmeetthefolks.co.uk/

Live music every Sunday afternoon. @ The Fiddlers Elbow, 1 Malden Road (Corner of Prince of Wales Road), London NW5.

Chalk Farm Tube, Buses 24, 46, Kentish Town West BR station.

Time: 4pm to 8pm, with main act on at about 6pm.

Admission: FREE! (optional donation goes to main act)

You'll never hear about this anywhere, its off the radars, but its a tight knit little folk/americana scene in London that gets together at this small pub on SUndays, gets right pissed and play some great music. Seeking out americana in London may sound ridiculous but trust me on this, this was one of the greatest little treasures I found in my time in London.

Yeah Paisley you'd love it at Hyde Park on SUnday -- its the original Speakers' Corner. An age old tradition (around 150 yrs?) where people assemble in the park on Sunday afternoons and discuss politics, openly and freely. There are people who've been frequenting the spot every week for years and they stand up on soap boxes (or what have you) and call a "meeting", they basically hollar out what is on their mind and people assemble around them and hollar back, carrying on intelligent and very entertaining discussions, and this breaks off into side-arguments and chaos at times. All sorts of crazies show up as well. Anything goes at Speakers Corner; British politicians often visit to talk to the people - its a hallmark tradition of freedom of speech at its finest.

edit: here are some pics I've found..

01_043_speakers_corner.jpg

02_020_speakers_corner.jpg

bw06-01.jpg

af.jpg

positiva_bob_i_speakers_corner_jpg.jpg

Yeah Paisley you'd love it at Hyde Park on SUnday -- its the original Speakers' Corner. An age old tradition (around 150 yrs?) where people assemble in the park on Sunday afternoons and discuss politics, openly and freely. There are people who've been frequenting the spot every week for years and they stand up on soap boxes (or what have you) and call a "meeting", they basically hollar out what is on their mind and people assemble around them and hollar back, carrying on intelligent and very entertaining discussions, and this breaks off into side-arguments and chaos at times. All sorts of crazies show up as well. Anything goes at Speakers Corner; British politicians often visit to talk to the people - its a hallmark tradition of freedom of speech at its finest.

yeah, that was what they were saying... cool... I should start shouting things out in Gage park and see how long it takes to get arrested ::

was also tons of people lazing about in lawn chairs with books and guitars in Hyde, the park looked pretty huge

right on, thanks for the pics KevO... looks awesome... I really have to make it over to Europe for a full year sometime in the next few years... feel like its lacking in my personal education... birthplace of the white man, where they've already been through lots of self imposed knocks and maybe learned some things from their history

paisley world tour 2006

sounds good :)