Jambands.ca

PRIMERICA EXPERIENCES???

eirual

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone's had, or heard of anyone else's, experiences either negative or positive with Primerica...a division of CitiBank who recruit people to 'help get others out of debt'. Personally the whole thing rubs me the wrong way and seems very sketchy though i can't exactly pin point why (perhaps because i've never had any experience nore interest in working for a financial institution). I've been looking over some websites which warn against it, so i'm just wondering if anyone has anything to say about the topic. up 'til last week i had never heard of them, but they have contacted us and are trying to get us to join....I'm being open to their information...but i can't help the fact that them little red flags keep poppin' up!

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone's had, or heard of anyone else's, experiences either negative or positive with Primerica...a division of CitiBank who recruit people to 'help get others out of debt'. Personally the whole thing rubs me the wrong way and seems very sketchy though i can't exactly pin point why (perhaps because i've never had any experience nore interest in working for a financial institution). I've been looking over some websites which warn against it, so i'm just wondering if anyone has anything to say about the topic. up 'til last week i had never heard of them, but they have contacted us and are trying to get us to join....I'm being open to their information...but i can't help the fact that them little red flags keep poppin' up!

Wow!!! My advice is this: STAY AWAY!!!

If it is the same organization, I came across it around 10 years ago I think. At that time, it was a "pyramid" organization where you invest money, and whomever recruits you and those above them get a piece, and then you have to recruit people and whomever invests under you, you get a piece...it is dodgy... they are nothing more than scams, and it would mean you would become the most annoying prick to your friends and family, since they would be the ones you would most likely recruit... I would stay away, its a fu©king money grab for sleazy salesmen.

I would stay away for sure. About a year or so ago this guy I went to high school with kept telling me to come interview and was saying how great I'd be. So I go to meet him on a Saturday monring and there are a bunch of people like 19-21ish all in suits and there is loud music playing and they were all being pumped up and motivated. Then the interview was with the guy I knew from high school (because anyone can get hired there) and instead of asking me questions he is selling me on the company. It was very sketchy.

basically what it is is network level marketing which is like a legal pyramid scam. I wouldn't suggest working there.

hope this helps

I got called by someone from the company. The woman said that she had spoken with one of my customers who was impressed with what i had done for them and how I'd treated them. She actually called me where I work and was given my cell number while i was out of the office (this isn't an odd occurance).

Once she had that she didn't leave me alone. We set an interview date. I spoke to my assistant who has 12 years experience in wealth management at td waterhouse. he told me of a similar situation. he told me not to waste my time.

this woman basically wanted me to come in and run her operation (what it was she never game me specific details on) while she went and opened another office.

She asked me if there were people in my life I'd have to consult with before making any major decisions while on the phone setting my interview, and wouldn't give an example of such a circumstance.

My biggest clue it was a scam was when I missed my first interview without calling or anything to cancel she called me back and set a 2nd interview. really pressured me. said "you're not the kind of person who judges something without all the facts are you?" Then when i missed the 2nd interview she STILL called back. I just stopped answering the phone.

As an employer, having set at least 100 interviews, if you don't bother to call to cancel or reschedule before the interview, i won't even take your call. Let alone call you back and ask a second time. My suggestion: stay away.