Jambands.ca

!East Coast Night - Tuesday - Oct. 26 @ El Mocambo

Jay Funk Dawg

eyes.jpg

Guitarist Jamie Junger performs at the El MO

http://www.jamiejunger.com/

Tueday, Oct 26th 2004

East coast night at the El Mocambo featuring Jamie and Friends, and Halifax's The Pools www.thepools.ca

The El Mocambo 464 Spadina

Toronto, Ontario

$5 at the door

Anyone remember the 90's rock band "Bob's Your Uncle"? They had a good run back in the day... and I guess old habits diehard, their guitairst is touring to Toronto next week. His new band is a cross between pop and bluegrass. He's got some great players, and if you are in the Neighbourhood, please stop down.

Who Was Bob's Your Uncle…?

James Junger – guitar, vocals, bass

Sook-Yin Lee – lead vocals, guitar, toys

Bernie Radelfinger – bass, vocals, guitar

John Rule – drums, percussion

Peter Lizotte – harmonicas

if you come I'll open it. :)

Jamie has this really cool band, Darrne Arsenault is a killer banjo, mandolin and guitar picker... worth the $5 to check it out...

There was a segment on Jamie on CBC Radio's Definitly Not The Opera this weekend...(that's one of the perks of being a former band member with CBC Radio Host Sook-Yin Lee.)

come visit me.. I'm doing the door.. shows starts at 9:30 with "the Pools" www.thepools.ca

The April showers subsided and The Pools came together. Four musicians that had been treading water long enough. With over 30 years of experience between them, Kevin, Mark, Richard and Rob drew from everyday experiences in writing the music for their debut album, Side of the Road.

The journey began in 1999 when Mark d’Entremont and Rob Mattatall, high school friends, crossed paths with Kevin Bohaychuk. The trio began performing together while Kevin and Mark began writing music. A partnership was born. Soon their friendship would blossom into the core that would become The Pools.

The quest for the fourth member & missing link began. Four years of searching came to an end in April of 2003 when Richard Belding "wowed" the trio with his passion for music. Finally songs would be put to tape and The Pools would breathe their first notes.

June 2004 sees the release of a project that took 5 years to achieve and that some say is a long time coming. For The Pools, time was not an issue. After working with producer Frank (Fish) Levin in December 2003, The Pools found their range and are ready to share their music with the world. Side Of The Road is a collection of catchy rock n’ roll riffs and moody melodies that will surely captivate and relate to everyone that listens.

Now, with all the music recorded, Kevin, Mark, Rob and Richard can showcase their live experience. The Pools stand ready to create ripples of music that will touch us all. The Pools are done wading around

that was fun. I ended up chatting with Sook Yin Lee and Jamie Junger all night, heard some great road stories of "Bob's Your Uncle" ...travelling around in an old school bus accross Canada, messed up, freaky people parties all over the country.. kinda reminds me of The Wassabi Collecive :)

oh yeah the music was good too.