Jambands.ca

Real Gone Daddies w/sg Comfort Station @ Mavericks

Fendermender

This is a little last-minute, with such as busy musical week here in the Capital, but...

The 'Daddies are doin' it up!!! This Saturday, November 13th , Real Gone Daddies are bringing their zestful blend of funk, Latin, jazz, groove and progressive rock out for a ride. Steve Geyer has recently joined the band, adding his skill and versatility as a multi-timbril keyboardist to the "Real Gone" sound. With that ever-elusive CD release now at least visible on the horizon, watch as these guys begin to turn on the heat!

Opening the night in style will be a group of creative dudes we all know as Comfort Station . Freshly-energized by a Hallowe'en tour that included shows in Kingston and Toronto, these guys are ready to turn it on for the homeys!

Catch it all at Mavericks , 221 Rideau St, near Ottawa's Byward Market.

Yep... FF had to cancel, due to a sudden family illness. Comfort Station has kindly agreed to jump on board again, so it's full speed ahead! You are, of course, welcome to document the performances if you like, Brad. The club has a new sound system; the brick monolith is gone; both bands are chafing at the bit... things are looking pretty good.

Thanks, with RGD* and CS, I think I'll be there. I was at Jomomma on Oct. 22, and saw the lack of pillar (which also meant a lack of easily available AC power outlets :(; thank Ba'al for duct tape :) ); I've heard they've re-rigged it from what I saw (which was a pair of vertical I-beams), so we'll see what I can set up.

Aloha,

Brad

* I also have a copy of the RGD show from back in June which I'll be bringing along, with my apologies for dropping the ball on getting it to you.

Bump...c'mon Ottawa folks, I know last week was a huge tear n all with Nero in town, but tis happily another weekend and we'd love to get another party started this Saturday with The Daddies and The Station @ Mavericks, it's been a while since either of us have played Ottawa and we can't wait to boogie down this weekend. The Daddies have a great new keyboardist added to their line up, and The Station have been intensely playing new material and are just off a tour of Ontario....so we'd love to see some of you folks out to party with us this Saturday.

Update: Drop by www.realgonedaddies.com for a little more info on the band. The site is outdated and will soon be renewed, but you can still click on our names to see where we're coming from (the Media link and the special guest for Saturday's show will be added tonight...). Better yet; come out to Mavericks Bar, and join a couple of bands who thoroughly enjoy playing their music.

Five Dollar....they love you longggg time....whoa...I believe The Station will jump on round 9:45ish, the The Daddies shortly after 11pm'ish...I can't wait to play with these guys..t'will be real funky..real funky...espically The Daddies with the new line up...theres always places to crash, we'll figure something out for ya!