Jambands.ca

handy latin phrases

paisley

jeez pais...where do you find these sites??? And why do I continue to look at them??? :eek:

Fish Balls

Not just any fish balls—King Oscar’s fish balls.

fishballs0976.jpg

Pork Brains in Milk Gravy

The ingredients are interesting enough, but the nutritional facts are where the true excitement is. Yes, that’s almost 12 days worth of cholesterol. But just in case that’s not enough for you, the label includes a recipe for brains and scrambled eggs. Don’t forget to drain those brains, kids!

porkbrains.jpg

Pickled Pig Lips

Like it does the pigs, this one leaves me speechless

piglips.jpg

my morning surfing usually includes a visit to "The Presurfer - Your Daily Dose of Diversion"

buddy does a great job of finding cool sites, all my links from this morning are from there

right now I'm reading a cool interview with Benoit Mandelbrot, father of fractal science and chaos theory that I found on boing boing

What is it like seeing the Mandelbrot set emblazoned on T-shirts and posters?

"I'm delighted. I always felt that science as the preserve of people from Oxbridge or Ivy League universities - and not for the common mortal - was a very bad idea."

Even though most people view it as a beautiful image and ignore the underlying mathematics?

"That's right. Yet there is nothing more to this than a simple iterative formula. It is so simple that most children can program their home computers to produce the Mandelbrot set."