Jambands.ca

tom waits tribute concert

mikey d

hey all. Im trying to organize a tom waits tribute here in peterborough. so far I have myself playing solo, probably covering all of closing time, and the silverhearts doing all of rain dogs. anyone else interested? I need 2-3 more acts. let me know here or e-mail me at stupid_cement@hotmail.com. thanks!

mr musicface: a 3 piece acoustic act would be perfect! Im thinking this will be sometime around the end of the summer or the beginning of autumn. the silverhearts are touring most of the summer so we may have to wait until then. but yeah, that'd be perfect Ill keep you updated!

This would be really cool Phish Stick! I hope it works out well.

The Silver Hearts will be covering "Rain Dogs" in its entirety at The Rivoli in Toronto on May 18th eh.

Hey, did you check out Joel Plaskett at the Trash last Thursday night? Pretty good! [big Grin]

Yo Stick!

Hmmm, that would mean they might be playing Rain Dogs TONIGHT at the MoHo eh! Nice!!! I think I might be heading there later on. I wish I knew Rain Dogs though. [Embarrassed] Tom Waits is one of those musicians who I haven't had a decent amount of exposure to yet, though I'm very curious and eager to hear more. Same with Steely Dan and many other groups!

I am not sure I can make it to the gig on Thursday. We'll see. I threw that show up on the Watchtower by the way.

Well, I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they'll cover Rain Dogs tonight since the Toronto gig is about about 2.5 weeks away still eh. So they'll be playing Rain Dogs at the MoHO either tonight, on May 7th or May 14th. Yeah!

thanks kev. hopefully theres a good crowd. if you come, definately come up to me introduce yourself to me.

theres also something realy sweet coming up on the 23rd. its called the improv festival. members of the funk odyssey, nature trail to hell in 3-d, otonabee groove and a few other musicians are going to get together at the market hall. everyone is going to put their names into hats, corresponding to their instruments. once people show up to watch (it'l be $5 i think) names are drawn from hats, and bands are formed. then each band is going to perform an entirely imrpov set. its gonan be wicked. as wel as that, we have a show on the 16th at the best with some other sweet bands. try and make out man! and bring your friends!

quote:

Originally posted by phish stick:

mr musicface: a 3 piece acoustic act would be perfect! Im thinking this will be sometime around the end of the summer or the beginning of autumn. the silverhearts are touring most of the summer so we may have to wait until then. but yeah, that'd be perfect Ill keep you updated!

Beautiful! FYI we're probably going out to NS for Evolve at the end of August, but otherwise sounds great!

You can email me directly at musicface@musicface.com" target="_blank

Peace,

Mr. M.

Archived