Jambands.ca

Wailers **** Anyone seen them recently, ???

Marky

I saw them about 5 years ago or so in Vancouver. The show was absolutely amazing!

I was really skeptical because they brought this guy who looks like Bob in his late 20s. It seemed a bit sacreligious to me, until he sang. By the end of the show, and by the time Bunny Wailer held up the guy's hand above their heads and declared, "Bob Marley reincarnated!" I was convinced.

The show was about 3 1/2 hours, and that was after Clinton Fearon played for 1 or 2 hours opening up.

If you get the chance, go see them. Of course, Peter Tosh and Bob will always be missed, but as far as kick-ass reggae goes, the Wailers still wail!

The show was like $15 - $20, if I remember correctly... It was in Thunder Bay years ago, so they had a captive audience. A couple of hundred, maybe? It's a $10 ticket at best... I don't think I'd go even if they came to Ottawa. Just not worth it, in my opinion...

I am astouned by some of these responses.

This band put on one of the best shows I have seen by any reggae band ever, and as icing on the cake, they brought a world-class opener who just happens to be a reggae legend. The show was generously long, and of top-notch quality.

My only possible explanation is that Bunny Wailer switched up the lineup in the last 5 years to the point that some people on this board did not see the same band that I did. Otherwise, I'm at a complete loss for an explanation.

The show I saw was incredible.

The Wailers are still very much the real deal. Aston "Family Man" Barrett is the leader of the band and has been the musical director for The Wailers since the early 70's. He co-wrote many of the songs made famous by Bob Marley and The Wailers. There are three original members plus a few more musicians that have toured and recorded with the original Wailers. Aston Barrett is single handily responsible for establishing the bass sound that became the norm in roots reggae. Joined on stage by original members Earth Wya Lindo and Junior Marvin this show is definitely worth the time. The singer that's heading up vocal duties is Gary Nesta Pine....sounds and looks a lot like Bob.