Jambands.ca

Neil Young to perform at Junos in Winnipeg

TimmyB

I can't believe but I'm thinking about flying to the Junos to see Neil Young perform one song at the Juno awards?

I'm going to check for flight prices right now.

At least I have a little over two weeks to decide the Juno awards do not go on sale until Saturday February 12, 2005 via ticketmaster.

from www.ctv.ca

Neil Young to perform at Junos in Winnipeg

Canadian Press

WINNIPEG — Rocker Neil Young is making good on his promise to attend the Juno Awards in the Prairie city where he spent part of his childhood.

The famously reclusive Toronto-born singer confirmed Wednesday that he will perform at the April 3 show.

He last attended a Juno ceremony in 1982 when he was inducted into the Music Hall of Fame.

"I'm not really big on awards shows,'' he told the Winnipeg Free Press in March 2004.

Young went on to say a Winnipeg edition of the Junos was "long overdue,'' adding he'd only show his face at the ceremony if it was held in the Manitoba capital.

"It should have been there 10 years ago,'' said the publicity-shy Young, one of the city's most successful musical exports.

The Tragically Hip were also announced as performers. The quintet, from Kingston, Ont., will be inducted into the Music Hall of Fame that evening.

Nominees will be revealed Feb. 7.

Airing live on CTV, the show will be hosted by Corner Gas comedian Brent Butt from Winnipeg's MTS Centre.

Typically held in Toronto, the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences started taking the Junos on the road in 2002 with a jaunt to St. John's, Nfld. The awards have since been handed out in Ottawa and Edmonton. The 2006 festivities will be held in Halifax.

Tim, are you seriously thining of flying to Winnipeg just to see Neil play one song? That's pretty hard-core.

Hey RayRay,

I just checked for flights and the cheapest out to Winnipeg from YYZ is under $240. But with hotels expedia.ca has the trip over $700, plus tickets, transportation in the city, food, etc. I'm doubt I'll go to Winnipeg to see Neil Young perform one song. Rachael would kill me!

Though if before February 12, Neil Young announces a concert over that weekend in Winnipeg to coincide with the Junos, I'm there!

Typically held in Toronto, the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences started taking the Junos on the road in 2002 with a jaunt to St. John's, Nfld.

Hamilton hosted the Juno's for several years in a row not too long ago didn't they? I went the first year --- saw Moist, and saw Buffy St. Marie get inducted into the Hall of Fame, weeeooooh!

Typically held in Toronto, the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences started taking the Junos on the road in 2002 with a jaunt to St. John's, Nfld.

Hamilton hosted the Juno's for several years in a row not too long ago didn't they? I went the first year --- saw Moist, and saw Buffy St. Marie get inducted into the Hall of Fame, weeeooooh!

Don't you know? Hamilton is apart of the GTA. It's only seventy kilometres away!