Buddy Guy w/ Special Guests Lucky Peterson

secondtube

BUDDY GUY

With Special Guest Lucky Peterson

Friday, April 1, 2005 at 8:00 p.m.

Massey Hall

Tickets $69.50 - $49.50

Massey Hall presents

Buddy Guy is the greatest living exponent of classic Chicago electric blues. He is a thrillingly inventive guitarist, a passionately soulful singer, and a peerless showman. In the course of a 45-year professional career, he has sold over two million albums; earned five Grammy Awards; and won nineteen W.C. Handy Blues Awards — more than any other single artist. Today, Buddy Guy is an internationally celebrated symbol of the living blues.

Lucky Peterson is one of the brightest stars of modern blues. He is a dynamic vocalist, a searing lead guitarist, and a fantastic organist. His many talents are truly mind-boggling and maintain his status as one of the preeminent performers of the modern blues era.

ON SALE TO FRIENDSFIRST:

10:00 a.m., Wed Feb 9, 2005

ON SALE TO PUBLIC:

10:00 a.m., Fri Feb 11, 2005

I've seen Mr Buddy Guy twice....he put the exact same show on both times, even with the same dialogue...

Think he's changed it up?

I've seen Buddy many times and can't say I have seen the same show twice...I may hit this one up,going to depend on money though...

I, too, have seen Buddy Guy twice and saw two different shows. I think he's a great guitar player, and truly one of the few living remnants of the Chicago scene. His work with Junior Wells was also fantastic. I will also see what my money situation is, but would love to see this show.

I urge any delta blues fan or fan of raw, emotional blues jams to get Buddy Guy's second last album Sweet Tea. It is an astonishing masterpiece. The best blues album since Stevie Ray and the best of Buddy's career - and I told him this a few years back... and he agreed with me.

As for the concert, I have a staff party that night which is a yearly highlight. I may even be performing my brand of blues on-stage at the party. I have a big decision to make because Buddy rules.

weeeell, i saw him open for BB, then saw him again in London....

Same songs, same dialogue, same jokes, same song where he plays a bunch of different songs in one (srv, hendrix etc.)

Then i saw a recording of his, and it contained just about the same songs, and that same collaberation song...

Sounds like he does different shows in different settings though...thanks. I think i'll check the show out.

Steve

(i'll purchase through FF, and have the opportunity to buy more than one ticket. if anyone wants great tickets, let me know, and i'll buy a few xtra's.)

'Tube, if you don't have it yet, I can't recommend this masterpiece highly enough:

sweet-tea.jpg

It's Buddy's " take " on North Mississippi delta blues - all but one song on the CD are covers, of living and dead North Mississippi blues masters like Junior Kimbrough, Cedell Davis, T-Model Ford and Lowell Fulsom.

The album was recorded live with little to no overdubs. 2 songs are flat-out 10 minute+ jams.

Enjoy!