Jambands.ca

Vorcza

dave-O

One of the benefits of living on the east coast is I get to see Vorcza a few times a year. They played in Moncton last night for a measly $7.00. Comparisons to MMW are easy to make, keys-based trio and all, but these guys have a fantastic thing going on. They're adding more Ray vocal songs every time I see them and they played a Sun Ra tune or two last night.

The first time I saw Vorcza (night before Evolve last year), they had a fill-in drummer. I made the assumption that this is Ray's project, he is the center of the band. Wrong! This is Gabe Jarrett's band. He is quite possibly the best drummer I've ever seen, in a bar or elsewhere (it must run in the blood or something). He commanded the attention of the crowd!

As an aside, I recorded a matrix last night for the first time. I recorded the SBD on the right and my mic on the left with plans to mix it down after the fact. Does anyone have any experience blending sources? Maybe offer some advice on the easiest way to do this?

Is Ray doing any old viperHouse songs? I'm especially interested in getting a live recording of "Swag".

As to the blending, the obvious way would be to do it in analog-land, using a mixer, or maybe just plug it into one input of your stereo, with it set to "mono", with the "rec out" jacks fed into your soundcard?

Aloha,

Brad