Jambands.ca

whats happening in Ottawa this weekend?

Tickler

by 3rd generation I meant:

1st - original through no mirimba's

2nd - no dance vibe reggae

3rd - now

though I wasn't diggin it much last summer either was pleasantly suprised this time around... didn't know for sure if I was going to enjoy it entirely or not and ended up having an incredible time

I think Guisto only sang one song on his own in Hamilton and also sang a song him and Melissa each do half of... suprisingly to me I enjoyed Guisto's input this time out when it doesn't feel like overkill, both playing and singing

Melissa's hand drumming was what first got me going at this latest show, thought she was sounding great both singing and on the ass-kickin percussion, better than ever

new drummer is definately heading in the right direction, and the keyboardist fills out the sound nicely... Scotty is rock solid on the bass, the anchor... really liked the new songs and was craving the older ones more than I had realized... it was great to feel the old energy and to hear solid changes

have a blast!

hey, see if you can get them to play 'cumberland blues' again! i think they did a cover of it once this winter, in dedication to the skanks's own moooose.

i can't wait to see the spades again - next friday in ptbo with the sadies!

close, kevO - they did a FIre on the Mountain for me... i wish they'd rock cumberland blues.

glad some folks will be hittin up their show, if any of you ottawa crew are ever up for seeing them in their home environment i've always got yer heady crash space. (and yes, it is an excellent experience to see them play the moho... and to check out peterborough in general.)

look out ottawa, i'll be comin up next week. i'll be the wind on the road passin you by in a flash of knobby bike tires on gritty spring pavement ::