Jambands.ca

Hey Hockey Fans....

Giggles

having played the game a bit back in my day, I was excited to find a video interview with one of my hockey idols; Mr. Chris Chelios. He tells a great tale in this interview about an old coach he had in minor hockey who really inspired him...reminds me of some of the fellas who guided me...check it out->->-> Chelios interview

Enjoy!!!

Gawpo Giggles :: :: ::

No NHL? not a problem for my boy Chelios (go WINGS)

Chelios partnered with Hatcher

FRASER, Mich. -- It didn't take long for Detroit Red Wings defenseman Chris Chelios to contribute Friday night in the first minor-league hockey game of his career.

On the second shift of his UHL debut with the Motor City Mechanics, the three-time Norris Trophy winner scored on a power play with a blast from the right point.

Chelios was partnered on the blue line with fellow Red Wings defenseman Derian Hatcher, who made his Mechanics debut Wednesday night in Flint.

The Red Wings where on the ice for all but one of the regulation goals in the Mechanics' 4-3 shootout victory over the Rockford IceHogs before a capacity crowd of 3,110 fans at Great Lakes Sports City Arena. Both Red Wings were stopped on their shootout opportunities.

The Detroit players, including center Kris Draper, signed with the minor-league club on Tuesday. Draper, who did not play Friday because of difficulty getting a work visa, wore an olive green suit and stood with the coaches behind the bench.

The 4½-month NHL lockout reached its 142nd day Friday and has wiped out 775 regular-season games and the All-Star Game. The remainder of the 1,230-game schedule could be called off soon.