Jambands.ca

Basic BT port help needed please!

Blane

Ok, so my sympatico high-speed connection arrived today and I've been setting it up. Seems that I'm now behind a firewall or somehow not getting all ports open, which is wierd as I don't have any firewall software installed. I've got Norton anti-virus, but it's disabled and still getting the "yellow light" on bit tornado. I checked to see if there was a windows firewall that had been added in the installation process, but it doesn't seem so. Anyone know where I'm running into problems?

Thanks.

I don't think I'm using a router. I'm going direct from my phone line through the sympatico speedstream modem and into the ethernet port on my laptop. I've had this same laptop connected to a LAN line before without problems. The only difference now seems to be that I don't have a static IP

I was just downloading at about 300KB/s. That seems to be about the best I've done so far. I can upload at about 75KB/s (so far). So far it's pretty impressive. Grabbed a Garcia/Saunders in about 30 mins! If you order online at Sympatico, it's about 30 bucks a month including modem.

Edit: note my excessive use of "so far". It IS a Bell service after all...

Edited by Guest