Jambands.ca

Box of Rain - 2005-04-29 - Downloads

\/\/illy

[color:green]

Okay, I assembled the tracks that worked out from the show last night and converted them to .MP3s (I don't have the bandwidth to post .SHNs or .FLACs right now).

The source is something like: FOB > IBM Thinkpad A31p > Sound Forge 8.0 > CD Wave 1.93.3 > LAME 3.90.3 (alt preset extreme).

All feedback is most appreciated as this is my first attempt at recording a show.

[color:blue]

Tuning/Soundcheck/Jam

Shakedown Street

Touch of Grey

China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

Casey Jones

Friend of the Devil

Ripple

...Dark Star

Franklin's Tower

Man Smart, Woman Smarter

Iko, Iko

The Morning Dew

A large portion of the show got eaten by computer demons. This included the first portion of Dark Star which is why it begins '...'.

The source is something like: FOB > IBM Thinkpad A31p > Sound Forge 8.0 > CD Wave 1.93.3 > LAME 3.90.3 (alt preset extreme).

Thanks to Esau for pointing out my error with respect to the source. I always thought that FOB meant "Feed Off Board". :blush:

The source should be:

SBD > 1/4" Patch Cord > 1/4" to 1/8" Adapter > IBM Thinkpad A31p > Sound Forge 8.0 > CD Wave 1.93.3 > LAME 3.90.3 (alt preset extreme)

Thanks to Esau for pointing out my error with respect to the source. I always thought that FOB meant "Feed Off Board". :blush:

Heck, I used think "SBD" stood for "Silent But Deadly", indicating a show with very little extraneous noise and a high level of playing...

Aloha,

Brad

Thanks \/\/illy. It's great to hear what these guys are all aboot. I'm listing to Touch of Grey and aside from a couple of minor screw-ups in one of the more difficult progressions of any dead tune, this is some really tight stuff. Even the harmonies are tighter than I ever really heard the Dead perform this.

Thanks for recording and posting this, Willy. Aside from the lapses in chord progression memory mentioned by Bouche, I'm really happy with the show and glad to have a document of it. Also nice to hear the jams with a clearer head :P.

md

Edited by Guest

Roomie Sean's recording came out real nice too, and he's got the whole thing. I think he's going to throw up a torrent in the next few days, I'll link it in this thread. Was going to e-mail you for your recording, Willy, and attempt a matrix match-up in CoolEdit, the audience recording turned out pretty nicely on its own. Could use a little more guitar, would be interesting to mix the two just as an experiment.

If you still want to do some experimenting with the material that I've got, drop me a PM with your address and I'll fire you over a copy. Or, actually, I think you live pretty close to me don't you? Just across the bridge into Westdale I think Pan told me one time. If you give me your address I can just drop a copy in your mailbox or something.

Looking forward to hearing Sean's recording!