Jambands.ca

Brothers Past + Tala in Ottawa in June (I think)

bradm

It looks like the calendar for Mavericks has been updated (in particular, it now lists the June 10 Breit show), and for Thursday, June 9, they list "Brother Past + Tala". Thinking it might be a typo, I checked out Brothers Past, and their tour dates list a show at Cafe Dekcuf for the previous day, Wednesday, June 8 (along with a show in Montreal on June 9, the same day as the show that Mavericks lists).

So, it looks like they'll be playing, but I'm not sure exactly where or exactly when. I've contacted the BP booking agent to see if some clarification can be achieved.

Aloha,

Brad

So far, the show I got sounds pretty good. It's kind of trippy electronica, with vocals, and the closest comparison I could make would be to Sound Tribe Sector 9. (Note that I've only listened to one or two STS9 shows, so I may be 'way off base on this.)

I had a response from the booking agent, and the show is at Mavericks, but is supposed to be June 8, not June 9. He thinks the bar may have shifted the date when the show was shifted between venues. He's looking into it, and will get the tour dates updated by the end of the week.

Aloha,

Brad

I saw Brothers Past last fall, at the time I thought they had a Depeche Mode/The Cure thing going on. They certainly delve into the electronica jams but that's not all they are about.

Not really my thing, but I thought they were very good at what they were doing.

Thanks, UFP (esp. for Tala :) ). You might want to coordinate with booking@brotherspast.com to resolve how Mavericks lists the Ottawa show as June 9, and the BP tour dates list the June 9 show as being at Cafe Campus.

Aloha,

Brad