Jambands.ca

Just received my Bonaroo Tix

Dave Eh

Oh Jesus man! Good luck. I swore last year that I'd never go back without an RV. My advice:

-if you're heading down the night before I hope you have a camp site/hotel already booked

-get on the highway to the venue EARLY

-once in, head down to pick up your daily paper early, they don't always last

-as soon as you get there take a good walk around to figure out where you are...it's amazing how lost you can get when your mind is lost already. :P

-bring lots of shoes...especially a pair that you don't mind ruining...flip flops are good for when you have to wade to the floating outhouses :(

-if you're heading to the movie/comedy tents at night, get there early

-you can't bring water, unbrellas, etc. into the main concert area, so leave them at your car and be prepared to shell out $3 per wee bottle of H2O just to avoid turning into jerky in the hot, summer Tennessee sun

-really cool shoe, hammock, music, Nalgene vendors, etc. there...bring some extra cash

-there was a guy camping last year that sold the most beautiful glass beads, etc. and for CHEAP

-STOP BY THE JACK DANIELS DISTILLERY ON YOUR WAY HOME!!! Trust me, it's worth going a little out of your way. Try to get Junior as your tour guide. He's hilarious. You'll be surprised at how many people will be there wearing 'Roo bracelets. It's a good spot to meet folks and chat after the show.

Hmmm, that's all I can think of right now. Other posts will possibly trigger more memories. :) Drink tonnes of water (I can't stress this enough), bring sunscreen and don't score Molly off those real sketchy lookin' motherfuckers.

Have fun!!! :D

I got mine today as I missed yesterdays UPS delivery!

I've been to all of the bonnaroo festivals so far so I guess I should have something to say about how it all goes down.

Firstly, You can't see it all.

Don't let it bring you down when you're watching an artist on one stage while there is another artist you enjoy (or two or three or four!) is on another stage at the same time as the one your are watching.

Just let go to the music that you're seeing.

I generally go with who is my favorite artist on stage. Though a few times I have gone to an artist that I might like less than someone else who is playing at the same time, but the lesser act in my eyes is a very rare thing to see and hear in the region in which I live.

And if you miss something special because you were watching something else, let it go.

Secondly, you can bring unopened bottles of water and soda pop into the concert area. Just you're not supposed to bring beer (though I see many get beer by the security guards).

Thirdly, if you want to leave on Sunday night make sure you are packed before Widespread Panic get off and that your vehicle is in a position that you can leave quickly. In my first year it took me twelve hours to get in, but only a half an hour to get out as we were packed and moved our vehicle to the nearest exit (but make sure your vehicle is off the road). The second year it took fifteen hours to get in and an hour to get out. The third year it only took three hours to get in and it was the first time we slept over night on the Sunday so getting out was a breeze.

Patience is the key.

Fourthly, Bring lots of sunscreen and a hat and drink lots of water. Also find shade when you can in one of the mist tents or music tents or under a tree. Us Canadians often don't realize how hot it gets in Tennessee in June!

Finally, when it comes to start times bonnaroo is usually right on the ball. Except for the last act on any given stage that night might get on a little late and go long. So long that if you're at a late night tent and want to see the whole set, expect that you might be there until past dawn.

Oooh, what TimmyB said (he's obviously a veteran ;))

A canopy is very important...not only as a refuge from the sun, but because that's about the only way you'll be able to claim stake to any ground area there. Last year Jason & I opened up the back door of the van, layed on the ground under the van and had our heads poking out only into whatever shade the open door provided. It was rough! When I opened the driver's side door of the van, it hit a tent after about 4 inches. It was squishy. Luckily we had super cool neighbours who liked 8am sessions. One was from Columbia and had never smoked hash before. It was so cute!

As for the water, TimmyB's right. I forgot that we brough huge jugs and were filling up bottles with that. Don't go that route. So we didn't have any sealed bottles. :( I even had my Nalgene backpack dumped out on the way in one day. That was rough. We spent a small fortune on water.

Oh yeah, bring a toilet. ;)