Jambands.ca

x

Joan

The main thing that Triple Sec or Cointreau add (aside from more alcohol) is an orange flavour, so something like orange zest or a small amount of frozen concentrated orange juice (undiluted, but probably no more than a small spoonful per drink) might do the trick.

For strawberry margaritas, I'd garnish with strawberries rather than lime slices.

Aloha,

Brad

meagan, this is going to sound pretty basic & easy, but the TGI Fridays blender mixes you can get are absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! i especially like the pina colada and orange dream ones (they make a mudslide one too, it's pretty good).

the label looks kinda like this:

3210.jpg

i always use way more ice than they ask for so the texture you end up with is like a thick sorbet. use a spoon & a straw. DELICIOUS!!!!!!

all you need to make them is ice & a blender, they have the alcohol already in them (although you're welcome to add more if you want ;) ). they're fancy and great tasting enough on their own you don't even need anything else!

Have some self-respect PP...fresh fruit, ice and booze is pretty foolproof. That TGI friday's stuff is awfully sweet.

This is even better: Cointreau, Tequila, Lime juice in a 1:3:3 ratio....lime and sugar the rim of a shot glass and shoot that straight into your gullet.

It helps to freeze it first or put it into a cocktail shaker with ice for a few seconds.

Then find the nearest loaded weapon and fire off a few rounds into the neighbour's dog.

eh, i'm talking about the coladas here. i'm not arguing with fresh fruit margaritas.

AND, silly head, if you add more ice than they ask for, it's nowhere near as sweet as you are saying. ;)

plus, if she's already doing a few other cocktails, i was merely suggesting the TGI fridays as an addition to the platter that will be tasty and easy and not much trouble. she is welcome to add fresh fruit of any kind to them.

Forget about that. What I want to know is when will Canada get a TGIFriday's? Also, why don't more girls drink their beer from a beer bong?

Have you seen Ghost World? How much Flair do you have on? Because no matter what you have on it's probably not enough.

Polkaroo - you're on fire today!

Megs - If you're doing margaritas, do'em right.

None of this frozen canned crap.

Good tequila (hornitos, heurdero etc.) is essential.

Freshly squeezed lime juice is essential.

Quality honey is essential.

Do not blend in the ice. You serve the above mix over cubes with a salted rim.

Don't forget to shoot the neighbour's dog.

If you want a killer blender drink, try the following:

One 375 mL bottle of amber rum

One dozen fresh peaches (if you can't find them do this whenever they're in season - its worth it).

One frozen concentrate pink lemonade (don't add the water)

Blend. Drink. Enjoy.

PS - take the pits out of the peaches ;-)

Then find the nearest loaded weapon and fire off a few rounds into the neighbour's dog.

I never thought that this animal loving veg would be so turned on by such a suggestion. LOL My allergies are turning me into a really grumpy bitch. :P I'm trying to alleviate the situation by sleeping with the windows open and drinking the sweet, frozen nectar.

Problem #1: The neighbours rooster, or rather, dog...is barking constantly from about sunrise until sunset. [color:purple]I'm sure glad I moved back to the country so that I could have more annoying neighbours than I had in the city. Bah! I have nothing against the dog, he just wants some love. I just have no idea how the owners can ignore him. It's really sad.

Problem #2: The rum deliciousness that I fancy the most is getting ever so expensive. $40 for a 26er...get outta here!

Try this one Megs (away from open flame):

-strawberries (6 or so)

-ice (1 glass full)

-coconut milk (a couple of ounces)

-pineapple juice (1/2 cup or so)

-151 proof Bacardi rum (as many shots as you can handle)

I just throw all of these goodies in a blender and eyeball it. Give 'r a go though, it's damn tasty!

Solution to #1:

My Dad has taken to parking his car near the property line. When the dog starts barking, he hits the panic button. This works fine & dandy when we're hanging out on the deck at night, but they're still not taking the bait in the morning.

:(

Still working on a solution for Prolem #2 ;)