Jambands.ca

Avatar cabinets in Canada... Help!

nifty

Hey all, just wondering if there are any other Canadians who have tried the Avatar cabs? I got a 212 with a Vintage 30 and a G12H30 and it's wicked!

I also started playing bass and need a mid size bass cab ... 10's or 12's? I kinda have no clue for bass stuff. I have a sweet old EB 2 and will be getting a used GK 800 RB and need a cab to match. Any help is appreciated... Rock on!

Well, a GK 800RB is designed for 2 cabinets, a high and a low, but if you want to not use the crossover, I think that David Eden makes the best sounding 2x10 cabinet. Lots of punch packed into a small cabinet. Still a bit pricey, though. I am not up on guitar cabs, but the Avatar sounds sweet.

Thanks guys, well I see the 800 has a low and a high output but I assume I can just use one of them... ( last owner did ... )

As far as the Eden stuff goes, well I doubt it sounds twice as good to justify the cost... and the Avatarv210 can handle 1000 watts!

BTW is the low/high on the GK for output or frequency?... sorta new at bass stuff.

Nifty