Jambands.ca

Sound Proofin' Question

Fuckholes

Are egg cartons worth saving? :crazy:

nah.

if you're serious about soundproofing, there are acoustical foam panels that have an egg-cartony surface....if you're really going to town, roxul makes a sound insulation that's just deadly. we use it at work when we make machine covers. that's what they used in the Very Quiet Tunnel that they used to have at the Science Centre...

i went to your page but couldn't hear the tunes. (im still running windows 98 :blush: , and find that fewer and fewer things work on the net, so it might be me too...)

No. They don't work very well, and are a fire hazard to boot.

To properly sound proof a room, first seal up any holes to spaces outside the room. After this, you need mass to deaden the sound. If you're renovating, you can get special drywall that's designed to soundproof. In a pinch, hanging heavy cloth (or carpeting) up on the wall (say, an inch or two out from it) helps a lot.

If you're recording only one instrument, try putting the instrument (or its cabinet/amp + mic) in, say, a closet (deadened with cloth, duvets, etc.), or even build a dedicated box for it.

I did a Google search that might be helpful, and it turned up

http://www.ehow.com/how_15992_soundproof-room.html

Aloha,

Brad

cadavers could work....

hanging blankets like bradm works pretty good, the more the merrier, any type of foam might be good too, like old foamy shit, youknow? just hang dat shit off the ceiling and the walls and whatnot,,,, you thinking about lunchees basement?