Jambands.ca

ATTN: WESTBRAH...RIP ANDY'S RESTAURANT!

rubberdinghy

OMG!!! After deciding that I've spent way tooooo much time indoors today, I decided to go for a Westboro walk...I walked by Andy's and they have this HUGE sign in the window that they are closing for good Aug 28 to be re-opened under new ownership!!!

This is one of the saddest moments in Westboro's current history...

Andy's is a tiny diner, with an early 70's decor inside...fitting since it opened it's doors back then. You can get a mean breakie for cheap at this place...and damn it's good...I would go in and order breakfast, and it would be at my table in under 3 minutes!!!

After living in the 'boro for nearly 21 years, (with a few stints downtown and nepean)I am definately saddened to see this place go...so many memories. One of the few remaining Westboro originals since I moved here.

So if you have a chance to hit this joint up b4 sunday, do it up. and tip well...the regular waitress seemed a little sad today, she's prolly out of a job.

I've had breafast there before. The yuppie-fication of Richmond Road continues.

I know...Westboro used to be better when it had 3 gas stations, a Yamaha dealership, a dingey (sp) grocery store, and dead hookers in the dumpsters. oh and I can't beleive I forgot to mention the strip joint, Habba Babba's!

Edited by Guest

I've had breafast there before. The yuppie-fication of Richmond Road continues.

I know...Westboro used to be better when it had 3 gas stations' date=' a Yamaha dealership, a dingey (sp) grocery store, and dead hookers in the dumpsters. oh and I can't beleive I forgot to mention the strip joint, Habba Babba's!

[/quote']

Don't forget Crosstown Traffic!! Used to be on good ol' Richmond Road.

I will weep on the day they raise the Richmond Motor Inn.