Jambands.ca

1st TML scrimmage: Allison out, Lindros hit hard

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

The Maple Leafs had their first team scrimmage yesterday. Jason Allison missed it for "precautionary reasons" due to a sore hip, and Lindros had to be tested by doctors after a solid check against the boards.

I don't wish the Leafs any ill will, but they knew what they were getting themselves into when they got these two guys.

Weird timing, I posted part of that article in the Fight thread:

There was almost a scrap at a Leaf scrimmage yesterday. The headline Big E survives first hit intrigued me and I found the following within the article:

Leaf Nation, whatever that is (meaning, whoever those suckers are), will be pleased to know that Eric Lindros made it through his first Maple Leaf intrasquad scrimmage yesterday. He even took a thundering hit from a 6-foot-3 rookie defenceman named Staffan Kronwall.

Lindros, meanwhile, emerged with nothing more than a bruised ego yesterday after being levelled by Kronwall, who is a promising prospect on defence. Lindros let Kronwall know he was not the least bit pleased by the hit and tried to get back at Kronwall at the end of the game, only to be pushed off by Bryan Marchment.

Kronwall, who turned 23 four days ago, said he didn't even hit Lindros as hard as he could have. Kronwall also went on to say that "The Leafs suck. I will be amazed if this team stays remotely healthy and they make the playoffs. Belfour is pretty much a grandfather and cant bend over to tie his skates. He gets either the rookies or the trainers to help him."

Kronwall, who turned 23 four days ago, said he didn't even hit Lindros as hard as he could have. Kronwall also went on to say that "The Leafs suck. I will be amazed if this team stays remotely healthy and they make the playoffs. Belfour is pretty much a grandfather and cant bend over to tie his skates. He gets either the rookies or the trainers to help him."

hmmmm?

what article is this from?