Jambands.ca

The 2005 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame Nominees are...

Guest Low Roller

Hey Jaimoe I remember that I think. Did he play 'Jack and Diane'? He was in the first stages of his career? Like 1982 or therabouts?

He was the rage when I was in jr. high. In fact, the first 'real' rock concert I wanted to go to was Journey. Since it was a week night, my mom said no. The second concert I wanted to go to was John Cougar, but, once again, for the same reason my ma said no. The third time was a charm and it happened to be the Grateful Dead. Go figure.

John Cougar Mellencamp has consistently put out decent stuff over the years. I read a review in RS about a show with John Fogerty. I'd like to get the tape.

peace

Edited by Guest
i in the wrong spot

Hey Jaimoe I remember that I think. Did he play 'Jack and Diane'? He was in the first stages of his career? Like 1982 or therabouts?

It was indeed from 1982. Jack and Diane was the song and Kenny Arnoff was on drums. The skit was entitled: The Nutty Lab Assistant Part 2. Funny stuff... and totally whacked.

i bet Miles would have been like "you motherfuckers take me off that motherfucker right now"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-Lynyrd Skynyrd

- Black Sabbath

- Dave Clark Five

I'm also surprised to learn that these three aren't in yet. Dave Clark Five, people! "Catch Us If You Can"! A very important British Invasion group. Dave Clark must have been the first singing drummer in pop music history.

daveclark5_05.jpg

I love both Skynyrd and Sabbath a lot, but if I had to pick one, I think Sabbath belongs there first because of the scope of their influence. The original Sabbath lineup are the godfathers to an entire metal movement. Skynyrd were awesome, but they had no element of progression. Two fucking great bands.

year73.jpg

BlackSabbath19720019200.sized.jpg

A very important British Invasion group. Dave Clark must have been the first singing drummer in pop music history.

Dave was the co-singer in the band. Mike Smith was their lead singer as well as their keyboardist. Certainly Keith Moon and Ringo Starr sang a few tunes for their bands in the 60's. Mickey Dolenz sung songs were some of the more successful Monkeys' tunes too. However, Dave Clark may have been the first drummer-led band in pop history.