Jambands.ca

Thanks, Ottawa!

SaggyBalls

I had a great night last night with some old friends.

I wound up at Irene's Pub for the Department of Foreign Affairs with Caution Press opening, happy to see the boys play their first show in a couple of months - the summer and early autumn have been busy for the Caution Press boys - Aedan got Married and Justin is now a primary school teacher - so things have been a bit hectic.

DOFA were good as usual, but when the night at Irene's was over, I had to bring my friends Mark and Claire (2 friends that feel like family) to Maverick's to see Slowcoaster.

I was totally expecting them to suck again and was finally proved wrong.

now, it could be that i missed a dismal first set, but the Second set was energetic, tight, and tasteful. Nobody overplayed (thanks for the tasteful basslines, Mike) and it sounded amazing.

It was the first time in awhile for Jam to outshine Indie for me. It's great to be back home.

I've only got a couple of days before i go home and I'm anxious to leave, but not before I relax a bit and see some more friends. It'd have been great to have time to party with you cats but when the time is right I'm sure it'll happen.

it was great to see all of you out last night. Happy thanksgiving!

the bus brought me back. I'm still around if you want me to drop by before tuesday - I want to get back to vancouver to see Daniel Lanois at the Commodore. Tortoise is acting as his backing band and it's either that or moe...which is (i believe) the next night.

hit me up on my cel. or call the house at 778.999.3897 - I'll be going to merrickville to see some friends later tonight and tomorrow I hope to chill with the folks a bit but plans are flexible. don't be a stranger!

It was good to see you again, CB, and I was glad to hear things are going so well out west; I wish we could have had more time to talk in real time, instead of these staggered internet exchanges. Hopefully next time we see each other my eyeballs won't be doing that funny wobbling thing - er, no, wait a minute, come to think of it I do ;).

Well i'm back for another day or so and not too far from osgoode. doubt there's much time to get together but it's not hard to figure out how to get ahold of me.

I love to go to shows but it's hard to really spend time with people at a bar. I was about ready to hit the sack after slowcoaster was done...wound up getting home way late. I'm sure we'll cross paths again.