Jambands.ca

fuÇk I HATE the radio...

Weirdness

Chewy used to have his own morning show on The Rock in Chatham. Was the best morning show the station ever had but his partner up and r-u-n-n-o-f-t and he got the shaft. I remember coming home from a Gov't Mule show one fine morning at 4am and dropping him off at his door with only enough time to take a shower and smoke a good morning bowl before his show.

Good times and funny story to go with it.

Chewy, using his radio station hook-ups was able to comp a rediculous number of tickets for the Mule show in Ann Arbor, MI (at the worst venue i've ever been to btw) He was handing them out to all of our buddies and even trading them for stuff on the street. We go to enter the show through these doors and I get in no problem and grab a seat. After a few songs I go out to grab a beer and there is our buddy Cargo getting hassles from security. Turns out all of the comp tickets that Chewie got were GA and the show was assigned seating leading the staff to believe that they were all counterfit (20 or so tickets and about 12 people all standing around bewildered) Chewy ended up calling the friggin promoter at home and giving her the gears until the venue printed us up some actual seats. We all then sauntered in and rocked out. The end.

Edited by Guest

Commercial radio is a bad industry to work in: Bad pay and no job security plus shifty bosses.

When a format is changed, the doors get locked and a notice of your termination is posted while you are at a staff party.

The CHFI Erin Davis story, with her accepting her old job back, was a particularly shallow maneuver by her old employer.

Edited by Guest