Jambands.ca

moe - 10-16-2005 in Vancouver - Review

bouche

Why didn't the reviewer mention the opener: a little band called Gov't Mule, fronted by a guy named Warren. They're pretty good.

I was at that show and I though it was OK at best. (very wanky) -- and I like moe - seen them 6 times or so. Great opening 3 or 4 songs and then they whipped out their wangs and spanked them raw for the rest of the night. There was a discernable moment when I was released from the grips of the show (during Hi-lo) and realized that the music had suddenly lost all of its appeal. It made me realize that moe is no longer the young, hungry, exciting band they used to be. They seemed to be going through the motions with some very weak new material. Of course it wasn't all bad, but definately fell on the disappointing side of things by the end. I give it a 'meh 1/2'.

Now, that's a more accurate review.

I especially agree about the band no longer being the young, hungry jammers they once were; especially since I hadn't seen them in about ten years. Back then I was blown away every time I saw them. The other night at the Commodore was barely memorable.

They're still okay, and a good time to see live. I won't be travelling too far to see them in future, though.

• 3 weeks later...

We drove up... or down rather from Golden for this show and it BLEW monkey balls... in fact beyond the fact that I am not a huge Mule fan and Moe. certainly didn't do it for me this time- and they usally do- the whole weekend sucked ass. I will never again travel to see Moe. Last time I saw them was this year at Moe Down and I was less than impressed then as well... no moe Moe for me.

I totally agree with you weezy... personally, I enjoyed Gov't Mule way more. Slithering my way to the front, I was able to watch Warren up close... I don't care what anybody says, that man can play!! Moe is ok at best, a fun band but I wouldn't travel or follow them around. I don't know where all the hype comes from but everybody seems to come out of the woodwork for these guys. It's a good chance to see everybody I guess.

It was a wank-fest, especially when they got the dude from Tesla up on stage with his moe shirt on... haha... their new biggest fan!

I had a lot of fun in any case.

IMO, the moe. show in Vancouver was pretty good, but definetely had it's dull moments.

For me, it seems that about 2 in every 5 or six moe. shows I see kick my ass probably harder than any other band can. The other three that don't, well I'd probably rather see any other band then them. It's usually a matter of song selection.

I guess I'm a gambling man, cause even though I know the odds are agaist me getting the awsome show that I'm looking for, I'll still travell the distance and sacrifice the time and money, if I have it, for a chance at getting the goods.

Why didn't the reviewer mention the opener: a little band called Gov't Mule, fronted by a guy named Warren. They're pretty good.

moe supplied us with media credentials for their show, and we promised a review.Tom wasn't allowed to shoot the Gov't Mule show with those credentials. He decided to just keep the entire review focused on moe. which I completely supported.