Superstack

Basement Arms

Wildfire

Saturday, Nov. 5

@ El Mocambo Upstairs

$TBA ($8 or less)

SUPERSTACK

www.superstack.com

This soulful trio delivers “new meets old†sound. They recapture the spirit of the late 60’s to the early 70’s. Super Stack is composed of infectious melodies, syrupy tube driven guitar supported by mammoth bass and drum grooves. Super Stack is a great definition of rock and roll. They have an imaginative merging of rock, melody, skill and grace in all sound movement. They are an addiction to their fans and critics and their music is able to connect with people of all ages. With an amazing stage presence, they are a “MUST SEE†live!

BASEMENT ARMS

wwww.sonicbids.com/basementarms

After 6 years, and 32 albums of material recorded in a basement, Jay and Dwight started up the official band. With all that material to select from, a set of songs quickly got polished. Our first shows were at open mic nights throughout Toronto. On our first night we met Nathan and asked him to join us. He's played with us ever since. Basement Arms has developed a very unique sound. Not many people know how to describe it, but there are constant comparisons to Tom Waits vocally, and Ween musically. The songs are fun, raw, lyrical, diverse, explosive, and beautiful.

WILDFIRE

Spearheaded by longtime friends Pat Kelly, Matt Cleary, Wildfire is a young band with lots of heart. Influences include Tragically Hip, Rolling Stones, US, Wildfire are ready to unleash their original material on anyone who is willing!

I work with Jay from Basement Arms. In fact, he's also the bassist in my annual staff party band The MCR5.

Basement Arms are good. They played an acoustic set at this year's May 24 Come Together Festival. Their sound leans towards blues meets dark folk.

I've seen Super Stack twice. Their sound reminds me of Thin Lizzy meets Fu Manchu meets C'Mon. Worth checking out.

Edited by Guest