Jambands.ca

Rustproofing Recommendations?

\/\/illy

Does anyone know anything about undercoating cars with a rust inhibitor? Are there better types and worse types? The place around the corner does an oir spray but the last time I had it done somewhere I swear they used some sort of goo. My concern is that the oil spray isn't as good as the goo. Anyone know?

I don't drive so can't really say, but from what I've heard, the oil sprays can be fairly environmentally damaging. I'm not sure if the goo's any better, but my friend says that "KROWN rust proofing" provides a product that does not contain any solvents and is non-toxic. I don't imagine you'll be able to get as high off the fumes though, so it's up to you ;)

Nevermind. I already made a hasty decision. I'd delete this thread but I don't know how. It's very similar to "I've fallen and I can't get up."

Well at least post something mildly offensive to the thread locked.

How about suggesting the use of one or more of Lazlo's bodily fluids as rustproofing?

Aloha,

Brad

Does anyone know anything about undercoating cars with a rust inhibitor? Are there better types and worse types? The place around the corner does an oir spray but the last time I had it done somewhere I swear they used some sort of goo. My concern is that the oil spray isn't as good as the goo. Anyone know?

I had the goo as you call it put on my car eight years ago.

It worked like a charm so far,not a bit of rust anywhere.

It was guaranteed for ten years.

I had it done at the pontiac dealers!