WITH 3 LATE NIGHT AFTERPARTY SHOWS:

GARAJ MAHAL @ THE BOOT PUB

THE NEW DEAL @ THE G.L.C.

DJ MASEO (of de la soul) @ TOMMY AFRICA'S

TICKETS: $50

OR $70 INCLUDING ONE LATE NIGHT SHOW OF YOUR CHOICE

huuuuuuuuuge boner

...huge.

HOLY SHIT!! That is sweeet ass! I'm gonna book my holidaze for that right now! I thought that it was gonna be a bum summer cause I missed the Bonnaroo boat east, but it looks like the kids on the left coast have something to WAH-HOO about! WAH-HOO!! Tough call on the after party....whadda ya think Weezy? You get back stage for the Garaj show? Thanks for the kick ass info....just made my weekend! [Eek!][big Grin][Eek!][big Grin][Eek!][big Grin]

Ah HELL YEAH! I know where Ill be that weekend!! And I can even drive there...which makes it sweet. Im so stoked to see Karl D its sickening.

Its all about Garaj Mahal after party for me!!! Im friggin STOKED!! Best news all week, Weezy. Sure as hell beats the $600 traffic ticket I got today [Roll Eyes]

Since I just saw Garaj Mahal twice very recently, (...and it blew my fucking mind [Eek!] ) I'm inclined to get the New Deal afterparty ticket. They haven't been here in a while and they kill my shit everytime. Whistler is clearly THE place to be on August 30th. noo doot aboot it.

It can be rough living out here on the West Coast.

Just when you think it couldn't get any harder, Upstream Entertainment come out and announce their Zoophorus line-up. Damn.

I gotta sit back down on my beach chair, finish my beer, slap some more suntan lotion on and consider this.

Hot August day, hot August night... and hot August late night x3, not to mention Bumbershoot in Seattle. Some tough scheduling that weekend. Tough decisions.

It can be rough living out here on the West Coast.

Yep... the West Coast is pretty rough for good jam action these days... LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Upstream really outdid themselves this year. There's also a campsite right next to the venue I've heard. All the things that people asked about last year have been worked out for Zoo 2 this year. 3 latenights (backstage at Garaj? Ummmmmm... sorry, this intimate venue only holds 200... YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!)

I know where I'll be Labor Day weekend!!!

HOly shit that's a crazy line-up! I'm coming to this one!!! Right now I'm working on making a 2-week road trip out West at the end of the Summer, so this is perfect. Can't wait!! Tough call on the late night action eh.. I think I'll wait it out and go with whatever band does it for me the most that day.

What's the Bumbershoot festival all about?

Got weekend off and I'll be Whistler bound with the Golden krew...I was wondering about the camping situation, but Keither helped me out with that one; is it the campground kinda in town or the one waaaay outta town? Both are kinda expensive, but if it's a close stumble home I'm there! I'm thinking New Deal latenight....party party party...I'm stoked! [Eek!][big Grin][Wink]

Hey Goldengrooves, I actually think this year's campsite is right there on the Boot Fairgrounds, or so I've heard. As for KevO's plan to wait on the latenights? Those who hesitate... you know how it goes!! I'd make a decision, or you may be left in the cold Whistler outdoors!! (Zoo 2 holds about 1500? Boot Garaj... 200?, GLC New Deal... 200?, Tommy's DJ Maseo... 200?. That leaves 900 hesitaters out to do the best partying they can!!) These aren't quotes, but my best guesses... and I've been there a few times. I grew up here. Any confirmation from Upstream folks?

Bumbershoot has been a Pacific Northwest staple since 1971. It's an arts and music fair that has attracted some big acts on a yearly basis.

For a small fee ($15.00/day) you get to wander around the Seattle Science Fairgroounds and see...

REM * Hip-Hop 101 w/ De La Soul & Black Eyed Peas * R&B tribute with Bonnie Raitt, Howard Tate, Maxi Priest and guests * Nickel Creek * Macy Gray * Daniel Lanois * Modest Mouse * Chico Hamilton & Euphoria * Wilco * Rhett Miller * Kim Richey * Leftover Salmon * Donovan * Solomon Burke * Rennie Harris' Legends of Hip-Hop

The Shins • Maktub • Omar Torrez with Orpheus • Kathleen Edwards • Bobby Bare Jr. • Matt Nathanson • Carbon Leaf • Ian McLagan • Robert Walter's 20th Congress (feat. Will Bernard) • Chuck Prophet •

Kinky • Karsh Kale • Willy Porter • Grey De lisle • Ian Moore • Duffy Bishop • Wanda Jackson • Alberta Adams • Charlie Musselwhite • Magic Slim & the Teardrops • The Slip •

Little George Sueref with Lazy Lester • Dusty 45s • The Alice Stuart Band • Visqueen • The Black Heart Procession • Pedro the Lion • The Juliana Theory • Julian Priester Quartet • Benevento/Russo • The Jessica Lurie Ensemble •

Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey • Mark Taylor Quartet • David Friesen • Sugarman 3 & Co. (feat. Lee Fields) • Ian Moore • Hassan Hakmoun •

• Hundreds More to Come •

If you have the means, doing both Zoo and Bum would be the bomb.

Go to bumbershoot.com for details.

[Eek!] Hey, the Slip will be there. Maybe we'll see Kung lurking around, looking for the perfect setlist (complete with what the bands breath smelt like that day).

Hey Gang, to clarify the info being posted about Zoophorus 2003. Zoophorus capacity is 2500 peeps, The 3 Latenight Events capacities are as follows......

Maceo (De La Soul) @ Tommy Africa's 300 cap

Garaj Mahal @ The Boot 300 cap

The New Deal @ The G.L.C. 225 cap

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.....D [smile]

Zoo or Bum?

Bumbershoot can be fun, sometimes....but the Zoophorus line-up along with the relaxing Whistler surroundings is where it's at this year.

Out here, we generally pick and choose our Bumbershoots, and this is not one of the more stellar line-ups they've posted. As soon as I saw "R&B Tribute" I'd already figured it would be a weaker year this year.

Hot, sweaty, standing on boiling hot tarmac waiting for a band you might want to see, or sitting back on your lawn chair sipping a soda and gazing at Whistler/Blackcomb mountain between set breaks? Whistler thankyou. [big Grin]

If you you haven't done either, I'd suggest doing Zoophorus first, this year anyway. No border hassle, a great line-up, the natural beauty of Whistler/Blackcomb, and if this year is anything like last year...YIKES!!! And three late nites to choose from this year as well. It's a no brainer, even for the Uni-Bonger. [big Grin]

Hey Goldengrooves....It's almost impossible to sell out the day part of the fest in a sense that it a pretty big slab of Whistler property (legally allowed 2500 but could fit 3,500 no prob. That being said the slaggers you speak of can wait to buy the outdoor but the aftershows will sell out quicker than day of....we've sold 20 % of Garaj and 15 % of Maseo and New Deal aftershows since Saturday.

Latenights will go from 10:30 to 2:30 approx and you take it from there !

Camping package will be made avail soon and is directly beside the official ZOO site. 3 to 5 min walk....It's a gorgeous campsite.....D

Archived