Jambands.ca

What a Saturday Night

Marky

I would like to thanks everyone who came out and was apart of one of the most Raging Saturday nights that i can remember. Between both Franti and Soulive being sold-out it was Awesome. Both were absoultly amazing shows and would love to hear feedback from anyone in attendance. Michael was completly thrilled with the feedback he was receiving form everyone i attendance.. Truly one of the greatest people i have ever met, totally sincere and deeply in touch with the world around him. And soulive, what can i say, totally rocked, can;t wait to get them back in town.....

Even after that unreal Soulive FUNK-TASTIC par-tay, I still can't get Franti's "Habibi" song out of my head!!! For two days now, "Ha-Biiii-Biii, Ha-Bii-Biii, Ha-bi-bi"

Both shows were un-fucking-real Marky :) Thanks to you, Jay & William for making it so.

Franti: Just last week I was at a screening of Alexandre Trudeau’s “The Fence†which attempted to shed light on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I found his outlook and lack of imagination to be weak and deflated, leaving me with a sense of hopelessness and despair for the overall situation.

Franti’s film was the day to Trudeau’s night. By utilizing his happy-go-lucky camp-councilor acoustic stylings, he was able to cross borders and break down barriers of all kinds, even when an Israeli soldier called him psycho and told him to stop the incessant strumming (at the same Palestinian fence that Trudeau filmed).

“We Are Not Alone†proves that music really is the universal language and Franti has fully succeeded in providing a human face to the war and occupations of today. The acoustic performance was rocking as well, reminded me a bit of Xaviour Rudd actually. The best parts for me were when Darren from the New Deal joined him on stage. The freestyle beat-boxing the broke into was such a rush! In the end, it got to be a bit too cheese for (jaded old) me, especially when word got to us that the ElMo was almost at capacity; we left after I counted my 15th “How you Feeeeeelaaan?â€

Soulive: Off the fucking hook!!!!! I’ve been asking bands to funk it up for me for ages now… finally someone delivers! I could not dance hard enough for this show (and believe me - I tried!)

Nice to see so many SKANKS in town... sorry not everyone was able to get into the ElMo :(

Thanks to ShitIdiot for a killer after-after-party as well :)

I am really bummed that I couldn't make the Soulive show although I know I'll get a chance to see them again.

The Franti show on the other hand was fantastic. The movie was extremely one-sided but it was quite poignant and it showed a side that most people had never seen before. The music was great, and it was really cool seeing Darren show up for some beats. The freestyling that they both attempted to do was laughable at best, tho. All in all it was a great concert.

Again, I am bummed I missed Soulive although it wasn't in the cards for me. Meh...can't win em all.