Jambands.ca

"Rockin'" Ronnie Hawkins in Toronto

Basher

RONNIE HAWKINS

Saturday, December 17, 2005 at 8:00 p.m.

Massey Hall

$80.00 - $45.00

Musicgate Warrack Productions presents

The original Mr. Dynamo, Ronnie Hawkins, brings his live fervor and rockabilly sound back to Massey Hall. To Bob Dylan he was “my idolâ€, to John Lennon he was “Sir Ronnie†and to Canadians legendary Hawkins has been credited in “bringing Rock and Roll to Canada.â€

ON SALE

FRIENDSFIRST: 10:00 a.m., Wed Nov 16, 2005

PUBLIC: 10:00 a.m., Fri Nov 18, 2005

haha...more like:

To Dylan he was "that guy my backup band kicked out before they got big"

To Lennon he was "that guy who's house I stayed at one weekend"

Most overrated Canadian musician of ALL time - IMO. I truly can't stand "The Hawk"...oh what's that on your shirt and stetson Ron? oh it's your own "Hawk" logo...

Watch him during the Last Waltz finale standing off-mic in the back sipping a beer (where he should be!)

haha...more like:

To Dylan he was "that guy my backup band kicked out before they got big"

To Lennon he was "that guy who's house I stayed at one weekend"

Most overrated Canadian musician of ALL time - IMO. I truly can't stand "The Hawk"...oh what's that on your shirt and stetson Ron? oh it's your own "Hawk" logo...

Watch him during the Last Waltz finale standing off-mic in the back sipping a beer (where he should be!)

:D:D:D

I was genuinely impressed seeing him with the Band at Lulu's a few years back - had the place in the palm of his hand.

I was at that show, it was June 1st 1996 and was the 'Jericho' tour for The Band, I got tickets for my birthday (06/03). Local Hamilton musician, Jesse O' Brien was playing keys for Ronnie that tour. We got to pay a visit back stage that night between Ronnie & The Band, made for a great birthday party.

BTW - $12.75 was the ticket price for the Lulu's show.

I also caught Ronnie in Liverpool NS back in 1994 at the town hall/recreation center, that was an interesting show to say the least. He kicked ass though.

I don't think I'd pay those prices to see him this time though.