Jambands.ca

Brian McGrattan - Sens Big Mac Attack

Booche

We interrupt your efforts to come up with a cool handle for the Jason Spezza line to suggest Brian McGrattan deserves a nickname, too.

Just 16 games into his rookie season, he has earned it.

Like the team's high-flying scorers, the Senators enforcer has brought fans out of their seats at a regular rate through the early portion of this season.

Last night was no different.

rapper_macdonalds360.jpg

McGrattan's NHL-leading eighth fight of the season came midway through the first period, and it was another dandy. Carolina's Jesse Boulerice was late getting out for the shift, and when the puck was dropped you started to think his tardiness was intentional. It didn't take McGrattan long to leave his wing to get to Boulerice's and convince the Hurricanes tough guy to throw down the gloves.

"They beat us last time and I just wanted to give us a spark," said McGrattan. "I wanted to give us a little energy. It was a good fight."

McGrattan dominated the early part of the scrap, throwing mostly unanswered rights and knocking the helmet off Boulerice's head. But Boulerice would not go down. Finally, he started to get a few short jabs in himself, then strategically switched hands and started tossing some hard lefts. The manoeuvre turned the battle in his favour, and he earned the decision by knocking McGrattan to the ice.

"He caught me with a couple of lefts ... I'd give the edge to him," said McGrattan. "I admit it when I lose. I'm not one of those guys who says he wins every fight.

"I got knocked down ... it's part of fighting. There's a little respect there both ways."

The two had a conversation in the penalty box, leading to some anticipation from those who noticed. McGrattan confirmed the topic later.

"I asked him if he wanted to go Round 2 and he said yeah, but we never got out there at the same time again," he revealed. "Maybe next week in Carolina, if he's up for it."

With any luck. It's always entertaining to watch Brian McGrattan do his thing. Everybody loves a Big Mac Attack.

Big%20Mac.jpg