Jambands.ca

Day of Action on Climate Change - tomorrow

Large Marge

Hey kids!

As you may know, the global conference on climate change is currently being held in Montreal. This is the first meeting of its kind since the Kyoto protocal was implemented and provides a unique opportunity for us, as Canadians, to indicate to the world how important and timely a crisis this is.

Through Toronto's Community Bicycle Network, I am organizng a chorus of bike carolers to jon the rally in nathan phillip's Square tomorrow (Saturday) at 1:00 pm. I've drafted some kick ass lyrics and have been invited to lead the entire congregation in a round of songs. PLEASE come out and show your support. For me, for sustainable living, and for implementing gl;obal climate change action NOW!

I'll try to post the lyrics later on tonight... if anyone has ideas, please let me know (ASAP!). We'll be meeting at the CBN Intersection (761 Queen Street West) at noon to decorate our bikes and get familiar with the lyrics. Bring costumes, instuments or whatever sound-invoking devices you can think of.

Come one, come all :)

Cheers!

There is also a big gathering here in Montreal today.

I've been at teh conference every day this past week and things are actually going really well. The US is facing a lot of pretty intense backlash, especially from American NGO'ers. Hopefully some major progress will be made next week.

You can follow what happens from day to day here if you're interested:

http://www.iisd.ca/climate/cop11/