Jambands.ca

Siobhan Reunion!! -- 17 Feb. 2006

SteveThe Owl

I don't know how many of you go for this sort of thing, but I've been a fan of Ottawa's Celt-punk badboys Siobhain for a few years now (they were fixtures at Carleton). They split up last summer but I found this on their website when I wandered drunkenly onto it earlier today:

November 10th, 2005

Oh, my, ladies and gentlemen, how time flies.

I don't know how many of you are stil reading this shambolic, god-forsaken thing, but guess what: Siobhan is not dead. I repeat, Siobhan is not dead.

Now, we're not having a "reunion tour" or any bullsh!t like that. I mean, come on, those are for wankos like AC/DC, Motley Crue and Mitch and Mickey.

But! Ol' Jimmy is swinging back through Ottawa next year, so we thought: what the f*ck? let's play a show! So, if you're not doing anything on February 17th, come on out to Zaphod's and see us. Tickets will be, like, six bucks or something like that. Stay tuned.

Stay tuned, indeed! We are all looking forward to this rare chance to get back together without practising and attempting to play the songs we've almost entirely forgotten. And the best part about you people, o loyal and extraordinarily tiny fan-base, is that you don't care if we play them right, so long as there's a thumping bass drum and we swear a lot. God bless you. God bless you all.

In other news: there is no other news. Beardo is a fruit. F*ck off. Go Sens. Take 'er home, punchy!

(i missed ya, punchy)

For more info if you've been unaware or simply avoiding them: www.siobhan.ca/ .

Hope to see you at the show.

it actually doesn't mean either.. Siobhan is a woman's name (I have a couple of friends named Siobhan).

if you do a search on Irish baby names you'll get something that reads like this:

Siobhan is another Irish form of Joan meaning "God is gracious." A popular name in Ireland where the anglicised versions are often used. Siobhan McKenna, an Irish actress who died in 1986, was considered by many as a woman who personified all that was good about being Irish.