Jambands.ca

Virus Help Needed?

Dr_Evil_Mouse

Does this scenario look familiar to anyone? I download the mail on our other computer, and delete the spam, but immediately discover that I can't log in to the site here - you click on "login", but as you go to type in the ID box all sorts of other window options start going off in the browser (location bar drops, bookmarks sidebar opens, etc.). Then I close the browser, but when I click on the desktop icon to open it again, all I get is a Properties window for the program (Mozilla; all the other browsers are affected too). The mouse seems to be moving more slowly than before too. I also closed the mail reader, which was unfortunate because I can't check out what the name of the spam message was again so I could google it.

$%$%(*#%&*(%$#(%*&$%$(%*&$#(*& I hate computers. These fucking things will be the tipping point for the collapse of civilisation.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that because our Norton protection is due to expire in 9 days, they've loaded us up with something really nasty so we have to renew....

Deal ;)! You must know a trick. Whenever I fill myself with booze and try working on a PC, the end result is usually CJ grabbing the sledgehammer out of my hands before I deal the lethal blow.

Seriously, this thing is driving me crazy - the keyboard on that computer won't even respond now, and every time I click on the mouse, something really, really weird happens.

Name your poison!

ok, pm me with your pc info and we'll go from there. I may have to make an afternoon trip on Saturday/Sunday depending on Booche's plans for the weekend...also dependent upon CatPhish's uterus and what could possibly be happening any day now!!! (heeeheeheee!!!) Possibly an overnight fiasco could be in the works? What's your weekend like?