Jambands.ca

good beets

snarfmaster C

with a name like DJ Dirty Mattress and DJ Oven&Stove whaddya expect.... yeah, I don't think I'll be making an effort to go out and see that crew again - in fact, I'll probably do my best to keep safe distance lest I be bombarded with another 'beat about rim jobs - yo' [Roll Eyes]

that being said i am glad i persevered and made it to oaxerai's set. intelligent well-chosen words... he really nailed it on so many fronts. i think i was the happiest person in the room when he started in on his veggie rap - 'lettuce turnip the beets...' - yeah, he's good stuff. i wanna read my foods ingredients with expedience too.

vegan nutrition aside (there was, alas, only one veg rhyme) he creatively covered topics from politics to spirituality from a thoughtful perspective. i would definitely recommend checking this dude out if you see his name in your town.

Hey, it was nice to meet you on Friday night!

I missed Oven & Stove's set but I get a kick out of those dudes!! I biased though, they're friends of mine. Oaxerai was pretty good, but Otonabee Groove were the highlight for me!! For those who missed the show, they're a 4-piece band of pretty young guys (19-20 years old I guess) playing some complicated jazzy time signatures a la MMW / Metalwood.

I had to take off a bit early cause I had work the next morning but it was a great turnout for a summer night in Peterborough. Felt like a normal show during the school year.

Archived